City scientists lead new cancer drug trials
A new combination of drugs to treat lung and pancreatic cancers is to be trialled, thanks to scientists in the Capital
It comes as part of a new collaboration between Cancer Research UK and drugs companies MSD and Verastem, and will be co-led by scientists in Edinburgh.
Cancer Research UK said it will investigate whether the effectiveness of an immunotherapy drug developed by MSD, called pembrolizumab, can be boosted by giving it in combination with a second drug, called defactinib, from Verastem, which works by blocking a protein called Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK).
Previous studies have... read more
- 09:05 Rafa Benitez outlines his big ambitions for Newcastle amid...
- 09:05 Rangers boss Graeme Murty reveals he will QUIT after Celtic loss...
- 09:04 Shortlist revealed for Best of Health Awards
- 09:04 Motorists warned of A19 closures overnight for roadworks
- 09:04 Latest news from Belford History Society
- 09:04 North Korea halts all missile tests and shuts down nuclear site...
- 09:03 Shakshouka
- 08:59 Men receive a whopping £29,000 more than women in retirement over...
- 08:59 Will this be the Knightsbridge of Ireland? We take a look around...
- 08:58 David Beckham aims subtle dig at Arsene Wenger critics in class...
- 08:57 Delays after van fire on the M6
- 08:57 Brave girl's kiss for dying mum days before she lost cancer battle...
- 08:57 'My kids!' Single mum's heartbreaking screams as she watched home...
- 08:56 'Surely it can't happen'? Coventry City fans are dreaming and...
- 08:53 London Marathon could be biggest ever despite heat worries
- 08:53 Arsène Wenger changed the face of English football. It was all him
- 08:52 Jazz festival returns to northern Lincolnshire
- 08:51 Man arrested for ‘breaking into Taylor Swift’s home and sleeping in...
- 08:46 Club relaunch hopes to curb village woes
- 08:39 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:37 Cornelly United: Games to go ahead 'for our injured lads'
- 08:35 Scotch whisky is our liquid ambassador
- 08:35 Food blog: Brodie Williams
- 08:35 Treatise on cow-pox put physician John Ring’s career at stake
- 08:35 Desert Island Chef: Paul Newman of Thyme at Errichel
- 08:35 The Fisherman’s Tavern, Broughty Ferry (37/50)
- 08:35 More than 60 people helped Northampton woman when dog Bertie went...
- 08:35 Food blog: Kat Riach
- 08:35 Keeping the social side of cycling in motion
- 08:35 A den and a ditty, close to the city