City news: Shell, Severn Trent, Barratt Development and Morrisons
It is closing its finance operations office in Glasgow, with 380 facing “involuntary severance” as their work is shifted over the next 15 months to centres including Manila, Kuala Lumpur and Krakow.
Shell said: “This is to reduce cost, and reflects the fact that the capability of our other centres has evolved to be able to handle the activities currently performed in Glasgow, but at a significantly lower cost.”
WATER giant Severn Trent is splashing out £78.5million to acquire rival Dee Valley.
Blue chip company Severn, which provides services to 4.3 million homes and businesses in the... read more
- 16:16 How Derby County's subs are playing a key role this season
- 16:16 Driver ‘deliberately crashed into group of bouncers’ after...
- 16:16 Failed New York suicide bomber taunted Donald Trump with Facebook post
- 16:16 JK Rowling made Companion of Honour
- 16:15 Nuneaton household's dazzling festive fundraiser
- 16:15 The big freeze: Some schools to remain closed for a THIRD day
- 16:15 Ross Barkley reveals scar after hamstring injury - but he is close...
- 16:15 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:15 Public hearing into Melton Local Plan to start next month
- 16:15 Repeat victim robbed at knifepoint after raiders broke into his...
- 16:15 Leeds student’s death - jury inquest continues
- 16:14 Mosque linked to ISIS Jihadi terror forced to install CCTV to...
- 16:14 Lakes hotel unveils £250k bedrooms revamp
- 16:14 South Cumbria pupils experience life as college students
- 16:14 Sports brand stays one step ahead with world first in footwear
- 16:14 Fire crews tackle blaze at Co-operative supermarket in Norton
- 16:14 40 cameras and the 'same people over and over': The battle against...
- 16:14 Ryanair pilots set to strike five days before Christmas
- 16:13 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Alexandra Burke issued APOLOGY over...
- 16:13 Toto Wolff sets Valtteri Bottas task of overtaking F1 champion...
- 16:13 Motorway blocked after crash between two lorries and a car
- 16:13 Llandyrnog cheese plants defeats ice and snow to take delivery of...
- 16:13 Teams worked through the night
- 16:12 New deal secures future of Bakewell’s Agricultural Business Centre
- 16:12 The festive foods you can and can't feed your dogs and cats
- 16:12 Which supermarket is the cheapest Aldi or Lidl?
- 16:12 A great year for Building Bridges in Burnley
- 16:12 West Ham v Arsenal: Drop Alexis Sanchez and give Olivier Giroud and...
- 16:12 Marcos Rojo reveals gruesome head wound after Manchester United’s...
- 16:11 Arriva bus strike vote tonight: Facebook debate rages