City news: Royal Liver Building, Good Hair Day, SSE, UK fashion sales
The Grade I listed property, iconic home to the two Liver Birds, which watch over the city and the sea, is expected to fetch more than £40million.
The building is part of the city’s “Three Graces” along with the Cunard and Port of Liverpool site.
Mutual insurer Royal London acquired the building, which opened in 1911 as the headquarters of the Royal Liver Assurance Group, when it took over Royal Liver in 2011.
Its occupants include ITV, HSBC and Princes Foods. Colin Thomasson at CBRE, the property agent handling the sale, said: “We expect it to attract strong interest from investors.”... read more
- 00:29 GVC rolls dice on Ladbrokes Coral venture - SHARE HUNTER
- 00:27 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Fernandinho is Man City's unsung hero, boxing...
- 00:22 Liverpool vs Everton: Jurgen Klopp claims his side were robbed of...
- 00:21 The lost fishermen of India's Cyclone Ockhi
- 00:20 Leeds MP warns loneliness is ‘structured into society’
- 00:20 The 'A-Team' that hunts missing planes
- 00:18 Jurgen Klopp slammed by pundit Alan Shearer for his manner after...
- 00:14 10,000 rally against fascism in Italy
- 00:14 Three arrested after arson attack on Gothenburg synagogue
- 00:14 Eco activists carve ‘crack’ into floor at BP protest
- 00:14 Mobo star leads choir to raise funds for NHS
- 00:14 Protests erupt against Trump’s Jerusalem call
- 00:14 Locals in old mining areas prone to depression
- 00:13 Leeds MP warns loneliness is ‘structured into society’
- 00:11 Attenborough and the Giant Elephant review: One big learning curve
- 00:05 Newcastle facing drop from Premier League unless Mike Ashley digs...
- 00:05 Real Madrid step up pursuit of Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and...
- 00:05 I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here crowns Georgia Toffolo the winner
- 00:03 BREAKING: Bitcoin ‘CRASHES CBOE stock exchange’ less than ten...
- 00:00 Bitcoin futures trading begins on Cboe exchange in Chicago
- 23:59 Former England striker Alan Shearer believes Romelu Lukaku isn't...
- 23:59 NFL game between Buffalo Bills and Indianapolis Colts played in a...
- 23:55 Venezuela opposition banned from running in 2018 election
- 23:52 Lord Kerslake resigns as King's College Hospital Trust chair
- 23:43 Arsenal hopeful of signing PSG loanee Goncalo Guedes
- 23:38 A180 closed after car crashes into central reservation and rolls...
- 23:36 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Ant and Dec fear for Jamie Lomas' safety amid...
- 23:35 On the road: Luton Town manager Nathan Jones is building a football...
- 23:26 Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling is now a complete player......
- 23:25 Horse Racing Tips December 11: Fontwell and Southwell