City centre firms gear up for Primark opening in Carlisle
About 800 customers are expected to form an orderly queue tomorrow morning for the long anticipated opening of Primark in Carlisle.
The retail giant will open its doors at 10am in a unit in The Lanes Shopping Centre, formerly occupied by BHS.
Two floors selling clothing for men, women and children await the eager shoppers as well as a homeware section.
And local traders close to Primark are ready for the influx of customers.
Steve Lambert, who runs the Muffin Break cafe in The Lanes, has extra staff and stock in tomorrow morning.
He said: “We have extra staff coming in as we are expecting... read more
- 12:20 No complaints as new owner takes over Spalding hair salon
- 12:20 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:20 Deeping St Nicholas farm is doing its bit to save these cuties
- 12:20 Union warns many Northampton schools still likely to contain asbestos
- 12:19 Viral infection versus bacterial infection - What is the difference?
- 12:17 Missing 17-year-old found ‘safe and well’
- 12:16 Actress Tracy Brabin takes Jo Cox’s Batley seat as ‘hate’...
- 12:16 Young actors win roles in Derby Theatre's Christmas show Alice In...
- 12:16 Readers outrage over uniformed veterans being 'discouraged' from...
- 12:14 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:14 Halloween 2016 is almost here - send us your Spooky Snaps
- 12:14 Roe-deer hunting on horseback with hounds booming in France
- 12:13 Latics guest columnist Adam Bogdan says determination will pay...
- 12:13 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:13 Internet romance scams: 'I realise was being groomed'
- 12:12 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:12 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:12 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:11 Gary Lineker hits back after calls for BBC to sack him from Match...
- 12:11 Steven Gerrard reveals just what it takes to be Liverpool captain
- 12:11 Man ‘discovers live maggots’ in porridge but only after he’d eaten...
- 12:11 Sustainability and transformation plans are 'least bad option' for NHS
- 12:10 Community hub plan finally making some progress after delay
- 12:10 Residents against parking proposal
- 12:10 Why leaves on the line might delay your train journey
- 12:10 Pub’s relaunch is out of the starting blocks with sports bar revamp
- 12:10 Watch incredible CCTV showing gang carrying out Mission Impossible...
- 12:09 Bear visitor captured on video by ex-pat Hartlepool man
- 12:09 Ruby the parrot stolen from her Hartlepool homw
- 12:09 Gary Lineker Twitter storm poll: Did Match of the Day host cross...