City centre firms gear up for Primark opening in Carlisle
About 800 customers are expected to form an orderly queue tomorrow morning for the long anticipated opening of Primark in Carlisle.
The retail giant will open its doors at 10am in a unit in The Lanes Shopping Centre, formerly occupied by BHS.
Two floors selling clothing for men, women and children await the eager shoppers as well as a homeware section.
And local traders close to Primark are ready for the influx of customers.
Steve Lambert, who runs the Muffin Break cafe in The Lanes, has extra staff and stock in tomorrow morning.
He said: “We have extra staff coming in as we are expecting... read more
- 00:20 Wearside care home still in special measures after again being...
- 00:16 This weekend’s local league matches....
- 00:12 Golden day for Berwick fighters with eight European BJJ titles
- 00:07 GTR’s injunction bid living in wonderland
- 00:07 Fishing expedition without a catch
- 00:07 Direction an antidote to medical melodramatics
- 00:07 All together now for Corbyn
- 00:07 IOC demands Tokyo reduce Games costs
- 00:07 Ronaldinho wants to support Chapecoense’s rebuild
- 00:08 Hello there! Chimps can recognise friends with a single glance at...
- 00:07 Formula One: Rosberg calls it quits: ‘I am done’
- 00:08 Iron Man suits, X ray detectors and a fake Facebook and Twitter for...
- 00:07 The Cuban people still need our solidarity
- 00:08 Stackable soccer pitches could bring sport into the city: Radical...
- 00:07 Accessibility for all shouldn’t be this hard
- 00:08 The 'Netflix AI' set to hunt for aliens: Machine learning algorithm...
- 00:07 Labour cannot win the next election with a Ukip agenda
- 00:08 Former Liverpool striker opens up: My warning for Anfield ace Ben...
- 00:08 Watch the world's biggest cities evolve: Google's timelapse reveals...
- 00:07 Do not mourn – organise
- 00:07 Hasta la victoria siempre
- 00:07 United States: Trump promises ‘peace’
- 00:07 Indonesia: 10 arrested for ‘plotting to turn protest to coup’
- 00:07 Labour to cut fares with nationalisation
- 00:07 Tory toff claims he ‘knows what it’s like to be poor’
- 00:07 Lack of clarity on sanctions ‘leads to postcode lottery’
- 00:06 Lib Dems claim Richmond shock is sign of turning tide on Brexit
- 00:04 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth
- 00:03 Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo gets in the zone ahead of...
- 00:03 Liverpool under 23s coach Michael Beale set to become Sao Paulo...