Cirque du Soleil founder's son dies in on-stage accident
The son of one of the founders of Cirque du Soleil has died in an on-set accident.
Technician Olivier Rochette died Tuesday in what police have called an "industrial accident," when he was struck by a telescopic lift.
The 43-year-old was setting up for a performance of "Luzia" in San Francisco.
Rochette was the son of Gilles Ste-Croix, one of the founders of the world-famous circus.
"I am heartbroken," said Cirque du Soleil CEO, Daniel Lamarre in a statement. "Olivier has always been a member of our tight family and a beloved colleague."
Rochette's... read more
- 16:05 This is how Brexit will affect each Premier League club - including...
- 16:05 Why Ross McCormack's Aston Villa career might not be over - Villa...
- 16:05 Aston Villa: Neil Taylor was "nearly in tears" - Everton defender
- 16:04 Pride in Barrow roots to feature in debut author’s labour of love
- 16:04 Zlatan Ibrahimovic hints at extending Manchester United stay
- 16:04 Samsung Galaxy S8 hides home button and gains Bixby AI
- 16:04 Chelsea could replace Real Madrid target Eden Hazard with this...
- 16:04 Arsenal transfer update: Why this star will cost Gunners £38m in...
- 16:04 Chelsea star Eden Hazard: This is where I would like to go
- 16:04 Chelsea reach shock agreement to sign Tottenham midfielder -...
- 16:04 Mesut Ozil gives Arsenal contract update: Don’t believe what you read
- 16:03 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:03 Call goes out for your funny pet photos
- 16:03 Appeal for information after car stolen in Cubbington
- 16:03 Murdered PC Keith Palmer will be given a full police service funeral
- 16:03 New ANPR camera to be installed off Thickthorn Island near Kenilworth
- 16:02 New £1 coin is guarded by the QUEEN: Secret security codes embedded...
- 16:02 All your Easter food for £21: How an Aldi leg of lamb, Asda hot...
- 16:02 Vauxhall renames its car colour to 'Maddox Yellow' in support of...
- 16:02 Shares in Scotsman owner Johnston Press fall 11.9% as it slumps to...
- 16:02 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:02 Joachim Low explains why Mesut Ozil is one of the world’s best No. 10s
- 16:01 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 16:00 Facebook Stories - What are they and how do you use them?
- 16:00 Leeds medic warns against missing out on vital bowel cancer screening
- 15:59 Immigration debate leads to criticism of deportation chief by...
- 15:59 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 15:59 Prison riot in Mexico leaves two dead and 13 injured
- 15:59 Woman sexually assaulted in Market Drayton
- 15:59 Taking LSD ‘could actually heal your brain’ rather than just...