Churchill Way Flyover could become city centre's next great events space
The summer of Sunday events on Liverpool’s Churchill Way flyover may have come to an end – but there are more exciting times ahead for the concrete behemoth that slashes through the city centre.
Three year ago, when news broke that the flyover could be pulled down, a group of people decided that it should instead be saved and instead used by the local community.
This summer, the flyover closed for one Sunday a month so it could be used for events. Last weekend saw the last Flyover Takeover of the year, with a day-long event including music, theatre and street food.
Highlights included a... read more
- 13:50 Give children in need a special Easter treat
- 13:50 Closure of care centre overnight to continue
- 13:50 End is near for sewer upgrade works
- 13:50 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:50 Jail warning for Bassetlaw thug’s “disgusting” pub attack
- 13:49 US fourth-quarter growth rate revised up
- 13:49 Court to rule on online luxury resellers
- 13:49 How to find out if you've been unfriended on Facebook
- 13:49 Emergency services prepare for increase in arson attacks
- 13:49 Campaigners seek 'to sell US politicians' browsing data'
- 13:49 How Prince Harry, my mum and I put our Heads Together to talk about...
- 13:49 Berwick Workspace to host workshops for businesses
- 13:48 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:48 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:48 Care home man’s £3K rampage in Mansfield
- 13:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 13:47 These are the best and worst broadband, TV and phone firms
- 13:47 YOUR SAY: On proposed new public order for Pavilion Gardens
- 13:46 Vile assault on partially blind 80-year-old in Chester lands...
- 13:46 Bookies slash odds of an Easter heatwave in Derby
- 13:46 Stalker plagued woman via Facebook and with over 300 phone calls
- 13:46 Police re-appeal over aggravated burglaries in Gainsborough
- 13:46 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:46 Malaysia releases body of Kim Jong Nam to North Korea
- 13:45 Get with the programme! Enterprising grant for Leeds-based agency
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:45 Peter Andre suggests medication for anxiety is ‘wiping the problem...
- 13:44 Uncertainty for 20 staff at Barrow construction firm amid reported...
- 13:44 Church cash denied