Church facing legal action over loud music and speech on Sundays
Officers of a city church are facing legal action for allegedly failing to obey orders banning amplified music and speech on Sundays.
The case was adjourned after the three named officials failed to attend the hearing at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.
Read more: Framework sleep-out cancelled due to fears of sabotage by activists
The matter relates to The Church of Pentecost on Ilkeston Road, Nottingham and covers two Sundays in March, two in April and three in May.
Nottingham City Council issued noise abatement notices under the Environmental Protection Act which says they... read more
- 00:01 The government has the newly bereaved in its sights – and we should...
- 00:01 Modern tribes: the aspiring interior designer
- 00:01 A letter to … My narcissistic husband, who had an affair and blamed me
- 00:01 What I’m really thinking: the trans employee
- 00:01 Avoid stress, be useful: 90-year-olds on how to have a long, happy...
- 00:01 The Trudie Styler puff piece that doesn’t quite add up
- 00:01 'Golden trio' of moves boosts chances of female orgasm, say...
- 00:01 Kitchen gadgets review: coconut grater – an ugly pleasure of the flesh
- 00:01 Bogotá, Colombia’s banging capital
- 00:01 With a French partner, I’m scared for my family’s future post-Brexit
- 00:01 A brush with my daughter – how learning about hair made me a better...
- 00:01 Blind date: ‘I hadn't been on a date for some time’
- 00:01 Why I wish I hadn’t blamed my father for all of my faults
- 00:01 How to get your garden ready for spring
- 00:01 'It's very scary in the forest': should Finland's wolves be culled?
- 00:01 Simone Biles: ‘My guiltiest pleasure? A pizza and ice-cream party’
- 00:01 Great little ski resorts: Vaujany, France
- 00:01 Edge of darkness: looking into the black hole at the heart of the...
- 00:01 Roll over, grandma, and tell Robert Peston the news
- 00:01 Britain’s new wave of militant grocers
- 00:01 My grandmother is lying to concoct a fantasy love life
- 00:01 Forget the hangover, under-25s turn to mindful drinking
- 00:01 It’s finally time to say ‘I don’t’ to the solo wedding craze
- 00:01 Heal thyself: meet the doctors living with the conditions they treat
- 00:01 ‘So, you know I have bipolar?’ – the perils of dating with a mental...
- 00:01 Sweet and savoury recipes for pancake day
- 00:01 The 20 best French recipes: part 1
- 00:01 EU states back call for UK to agree €60bn exit bill before trade talks
- 00:01 'Dinner with the Donald': Nigel Farage joins Trump's table at...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies