Chris Woakes warns England to adapt to heat of Bangladesh if they want to have any chance of success in one-day international series with the Tigers
Chris Woakes admitted adapting to the searing temperatures and overpowering humidity could prove key to England's hopes in Bangladesh.
England fielded a full 50 overs in the midday heat in Fatullah, where they claimed victory by four wickets in their only warm-up fixture against a Bangladesh Cricket Board Select XI.
Some members of the team were visibly struggling as the hosts compiled 309 for nine batting first. Liam Plunkett and Ben Stokes seemed to be in the most discomfort as they left the field midway through the innings, although both returned and bowled later on.
RELATED ARTICLES... read more
- 15:15 North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un’s nuclear tests could trigger...
- 15:15 North Cumbrian headteachers: Cash cuts are having devastating impact
- 15:15 Lancashire recommends.... independent jewellers
- 15:15 Hybrid ‘super-slugs’ are invading British gardens and we can’t stop...
- 15:14 Libyan wealth fund trial against SocGen to start in UK court
- 15:14 Amazon, Alphabet drive Nasdaq to record high
- 15:14 Syrian youth find freedom in Parkour
- 15:14 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:13 Go with the slow! Cambridge is named as having the slowest traffic...
- 15:13 This man has been crowned the best property dealmaker in Notts
- 15:13 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:13 Premier League stats: Who has scored the highest percentage of...
- 15:12 Slingsby visitors asked for straw poll on top scarecrows
- 15:12 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:12 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:12 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'
- 15:09 BREAKING: Midfielder John-Joe O’Toole signs new two-year deal at...
- 15:09 Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in before Wembley fight
- 15:08 High Tides April 29 to May 6