Chris Froome says TUE system is open to abuse and says athletes have to take responsibility for their own actions
Chris Froome has admitted that the TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) system is 'open to abuse' amid the doping controversy surrounding Team Sky.
Russian hackers Fancy Bears released medical records revealing that a number of Britain's most prominent athletes - including Froome's cycling rival Sir Bradley Wiggins - had applied for TUEs in order to receive injections of a powerful steroid.
One occasion on which Wiggins used tiamcinolone, which is on the banned list of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), was ahead of the 2012 Tour de France, when Froome and his team-mate famously fell out.... read more
- 08:12 Arsenal focus on completing moves for Alexandre Lacazette and...
- 08:12 Wildfire training exercise is conducted
- 08:09 FARMING MATTERS: All hands on deck for sheep shearing
- 08:09 $esc.html($content.name)
- 08:09 Recognition for Park volunteers
- 08:09 Fun for festival-goers at the Allanton Inn
- 08:09 Landowners consulted on coastal path
- 08:08 Brexit business is booming, say four captains of industry
- 08:07 From the Metro Arena to Manchester - father-of-five's tribute to...
- 08:07 Wrongly jailed Nick Dunn's fight for freedom drags on as Chennai...
- 08:06 Bears’ success rewarded with GB call-ups
- 08:06 "Does this sound like a girl suffering from depression?" Sister's...
- 08:05 WATCH Endangered Bornean orang-utan is born at Twycross Zoo - and...
- 08:04 Young Rugby dancers win awards in prestigious festival
- 08:04 County councillor steps down from cabinet following ‘breach of...
- 08:01 Colombia conflict: ELN rebels free Dutch journalists
- 07:59 Lights, camera, action! Behind the scenes of a new cinema advert...
- 07:55 Spa pool at Huddersfield Leisure Centre may never reopen
- 07:54 Join Skegness school for 40th anniversary June Day Jaunt celebration
- 07:53 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Lacazette latest, Mbappe hope,...
- 07:53 Travellers pitch up on Myton Fields again
- 07:50 Henry Onyekuru gets UK visa after Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee...
- 07:49 Former Coventry City defender Blair Adams joins Hartlepool United
- 07:49 Video 5 of 5: Heatwave a boost for Grantham Carnival
- 07:44 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 07:43 Peter O'Mahony's journey from the back pitches of his local club in...
- 07:43 New Zealand vs British and Irish Lions LIVE: Follow all the action...
- 07:41 The biggest fee paid in every Premier League summer transfer window...
- 07:41 Colwyn Bay promenade development countdown as school holiday looms
- 07:41 These are the road closures for Cycle Live Nottingham this weekend