Chorley A&E protest goes to heart of parliament
For 26 weeks, campaigners have raised their placards outside Chorley Hospital to fight for the reopening of the centre’s A&E.
And yesterday, the group was in full voice as it took its fight to Westminster.
Two coaches carrying 80 protesters left the town for the Houses of Parliament, where the Protect Chorley Hospital against Cuts and Privatisation group lobbied MPs to reopen the unit 24 hours a day.
A sea of yellow campaign tee-shirts filled a Westminster cabinet room, as the group lobbied politicians in a heated meeting to support their fight to reopen Chorley A&E full-time.... read more
- 07:56 Ban for owner of ex-racehorse so thin 'every bone in his body'...
- 07:56 Model cars worth £110,000 to go under the hammer in Dudley
- 07:56 Work to start on £2 million Staffordshire flood defences
- 07:56 Elderly South Derbyshire man scammed out of money and valuables
- 07:56 Greeks strike against austerity before budget vote, bailout review
- 07:56 Aleppo displaced hide out in last rebel districts as army closes in
- 07:56 Principal uses redundancy money to fund unique new school
- 07:55 Medals galore for Stratford rowers
- 07:55 Far right Swiss People's Party rules out demanding referendum on...
- 07:53 Watch out for Santa’s sleigh
- 07:53 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 07:52 M1 crash near A52 Brian Clough Way causes traffic problems
- 07:51 Grimsby Town winger Ashley Chambers talks about his comeback from...
- 07:51 Grimsby Town vs Portsmouth MATCH PREVIEW: Ashley Chambers desperate...
- 07:50 Santa body shames nine-year-old boy
- 07:50 Arsenal legend: Arsene Wenger had the chance to sign this superstar...
- 07:50 Transfer News: Arsenal’s Cazorla replacement, Chelsea eye £38m bid,...
- 07:50 Russia says close to reaching understanding on Aleppo with U.S. - Ifax
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...