Chorley A&E protest goes to heart of parliament
For 26 weeks, campaigners have raised their placards outside Chorley Hospital to fight for the reopening of the centre’s A&E.
And yesterday, the group was in full voice as it took its fight to Westminster.
Two coaches carrying 80 protesters left the town for the Houses of Parliament, where the Protect Chorley Hospital against Cuts and Privatisation group lobbied MPs to reopen the unit 24 hours a day.
A sea of yellow campaign tee-shirts filled a Westminster cabinet room, as the group lobbied politicians in a heated meeting to support their fight to reopen Chorley A&E full-time.... read more
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life
- 01:42 Hankies and sticks: Why do people take up Morris dancing?
- 01:39 Southampton boss Claude Puel still stung by Ryan Giggs' winner in 2007
- 01:36 Footballer hit by lightning in Highgate United match remembered
- 01:31 Ryan Palmer and Wesley Bryan share lead at the halfway point of the...
- 01:31 Anthony Joshua 'has a feeling' he will knock Wladimir Klitschko out...
- 01:22 Maps reveal schizophrenia 'hotspots' in England
- 01:17 Tony Bellew meets Everton manager Ronald Koeman as lifelong Blue...
- 01:17 Manchester United great Lou Macari wary of underdogs Southampton in...
- 01:05 Caroline Flint: I was lucky. During the time alcohol took hold of...
- 00:59 James Reed: Why Labour’s MPs are looking closer to home
- 00:59 YP Comment: Jeremy Corbyn, go now for the sake of your country and...
- 00:59 Coronation Street spoiler: The baby bombshell is out but how will...
- 00:56 The secret of happiness? Live life in the slow lane, says Buddhist...
- 00:44 Citi says U.S. regulators are investigating its hiring practices
- 00:38 Antonio Conte went six nights without sleep when Juventus let the...
- 00:38 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic planning to use Troy Deeney criticism to...
- 00:38 New Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray left to rue missed chances after...
- 00:37 YEP Says: Let us celebrate the bigger Jumbo
- 00:37 Dorthy Fairburn: Farming needs workers from the EU
- 00:35 City news: William Hill, British Airways, Pearson, Aston Martin
- 00:35 White House bans certain news media from briefing
- 00:28 Third person held in connection with escape of murderer Shaun Walmsley