Chorley A&E: More could have been done says report
MORE could have been done to reopen Chorley’s A&E unit sooner, says an independent report.
In the wake of the report, commissioned by health watchdog NHS Improvement, hospital bosses have said A&E will be reopening from January, following the recruitment of a new doctor, but it will be for 12 hours a day, 8am to 8pm.
The unit, which previously ran 24 hours a day, closed in April after Trust bosses said they were too short-staffed to operate safely.
Trust chief executive Karen Partington said: “We have never stopped trying to bring back A&E cover.
“In January, the new urgent care... read more
- 08:20 Jamie Carragher: Why Jurgen Klopp's tactics are to blame for shock...
- 08:19 Can you identify a criminal through the sound of their voice?
- 08:18 Nigel Farage on shortlist to be Time’s person of the year
- 08:18 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:18 Stobart Group terminates talks with Irish airline
- 08:17 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 08:16 Why Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham are better places to...
- 08:16 Appeal after burglary in Gainsborough
- 08:15 Plea to help our lonely elderly this Christmas
- 08:15 Government facing High Court challenge over Prevent...
- 08:15 NHS whistleblowers 'being fired, gagged and blacklisted'
- 08:15 Prison inmate probed over 'Cop Killer' profile on Xbox Live
- 08:15 Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award
- 08:15 Gagging orders 'used by a number of clubs to silence football...
- 08:14 Councillor on warpath over flood risk rating for Spalding
- 08:14 Plans for health services across Lincolnshire ‘leaked’
- 08:14 Granit Xhaka defends slow start to his Arsenal career ahead of...
- 08:14 Lidl set to open its Bourne store this Thursday
- 08:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire