Chorley A&E: More could have been done says report
MORE could have been done to reopen Chorley’s A&E unit sooner, says an independent report.
In the wake of the report, commissioned by health watchdog NHS Improvement, hospital bosses have said A&E will be reopening from January, following the recruitment of a new doctor, but it will be for 12 hours a day, 8am to 8pm.
The unit, which previously ran 24 hours a day, closed in April after Trust bosses said they were too short-staffed to operate safely.
Trust chief executive Karen Partington said: “We have never stopped trying to bring back A&E cover.
“In January, the new urgent care... read more
- 09:23 Expect more snow, sleet and ice this weekend as temperatures dip...
- 09:22 South Kesteven boosted by third phase of county broadband programme
- 09:22 Grantham autism support group given generous donation by firm
- 09:22 Youngstars: Hartlepool United Under 16s going for glory in National...
- 09:22 Bradford Cricket League’s Priestley Shield is re-drawn
- 09:21 Reveller broke pub windows after a dispute
- 09:19 Man jailed for 22 years for child rape in Nottinghamshire in 1970s
- 09:19 Man taken to hospital as car and van crash in freezing weather
- 09:18 Prime Minister’s response to question on Hartlepool’s hospital was...
- 09:18 Hartlepool backs festive Walking Home for Christmas campaign
- 09:18 Danger driver led police on 80mph chase
- 09:18 League tables put Hartlepool school in top ten
- 09:18 Police look to CCTV to identify Wesley arsonists
- 09:18 Boy, 14, accidentally drains mum’s entire bank account playing FIFA
- 09:17 Boxer Amir Khan to celebrate birthday in Digbeth – with pregnant wife
- 09:16 Appeal after theft of number plate
- 09:14 Arbroath receive big fitness boost ahead of game at Alloa
- 09:15 Jeff Brazier’s fiancé Kate Dwyer posts first family snap as she...
- 09:14 Dundee United’s Tam Scobbie comes up against in-form strike...
- 09:14 St Johnstone head to Ibrox without Murray Davidson
- 09:14 East Fife work on plans to thwart table-topping Ayr United
- 09:15 Premier League predictions: Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd win,...
- 09:14 Raith Rovers look to extend 100% home record
- 09:15 Newcastle United exclusive: Rafa Benitez has overachieved with...
- 09:14 Montrose looking for Elgin City revenge
- 09:14 Dundee’s Paul McGowan hoping to make amends for Hearts ‘blip’...
- 09:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Exposé into West Yorkshire Combined...
- 09:14 Dundee boss looking for players to right a lot of wrongs
- 09:14 Experienced duo available for Forfar
- 09:14 Dunfermline looking to turn the clock back against St Mirren