Chinese stock market sees best week of trading in six months
The CSI300 index rose for a fifth straight day, advancing 0.9 per cent to 3,521.30 points, its highest in nearly 11 months.
Also reflecting growing investor confidence, the Shanghai Composite Index shook off a near 1 percent drop in morning trade and ended up 0.6 percent at 3,261.94 points.
For the week, the CSI300 rose 3 percent, while the SSEC gained 2.2 percent, its best week since mid-November.
With the economy showing signs of stabilisation, and even some recovery in certain sectors, a growing number of brokerages are starting to turn optimistic, predicting further market gains. ... read more
- 16:02 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:02 Joachim Low explains why Mesut Ozil is one of the world’s best No. 10s
- 16:01 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 16:00 Facebook Stories - What are they and how do you use them?
- 16:00 Leeds medic warns against missing out on vital bowel cancer screening
- 15:59 Immigration debate leads to criticism of deportation chief by...
- 15:59 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 15:59 Prison riot in Mexico leaves two dead and 13 injured
- 15:59 Woman sexually assaulted in Market Drayton
- 15:59 Taking LSD ‘could actually heal your brain’ rather than just...
- 15:59 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 15:59 How a bad Brexit deal could make the UK vulnerable to terror attacks
- 15:59 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 15:58 Here are 5 things you should NEVER buy from the supermarket
- 15:58 Homes hit by power cut
- 15:57 Aidan McAteer's best friend was killed in Huyton motorbike tragedy...
- 15:57 Surveillance zone lifted around farm hit by bird flu
- 15:56 Business backing boosts hospice’s work
- 15:56 Couple open bereavement centre for families who have lost children
- 15:56 West Yorkshire named worst county for animal cruelty outside London
- 15:54 New arrests after murder of Yorkshire dad
- 15:54 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 15:54 Man, 72, killed after hit by train near Ketton
- 15:53 Bastian Schweinsteiger reveals all on his Manchester United exile
- 15:53 Mosul battle: Iraqi forces edge closer to key mosque
- 15:52 Poll: majority of Scots don’t want separate Brexit deal
- 15:52 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 15:50 What is Article 50 and how Brexit will affect you in Hull
- 15:50 MP Jon Ashworth demands Arriva rethinks planned bus cuts in Leicester
- 15:50 My Killie boys are up for a Highland battle and set to fight for...