Chinese consortiums sounded out over possible £150million Sunderland buyout, say reports
Consortiums in China have been sounded out over a possible takeover of Sunderland AFC, according to reports.
No deal has been agreed and discussions with any potential investors have not progressed past the sounding-out stage.
The Sun report representatives of owner and chairman Ellis Short have spoken to different Far East firms, with Short valuing the club at around the £150million mark.
But the club's perilous league position is reported to have put one potential group off.
Sunderland are currently bottom of the Premier League with just two points from their opening eight league... read more
- 14:42 I'm A Celebrity 2017: Strictly Come Dancing star to replace Jack...
- 14:42 Report backs Aberdeen's £50million stadium plans to provide bigger...
- 14:42 M6 in Birmingham comes to a standstill as police deal with person...
- 14:42 Budget 2017: Tax penalty for new diesel cars failing to meet...
- 14:42 UPDATED 2.32pm: Schools closed, roads across Cumbria flooded and...
- 14:40 IRAN FURY: Rouhani blasts Macron and fires back at ‘domination’...
- 14:40 Plague latest: Death toll in Madagascar hits 195 as worst outbreak...
- 14:40 Investigation launched after shotgun fired in Lancaster
- 14:40 What is net neutrality and what are the arguments for and against it?
- 14:39 I'm A Celebrity branded "fake" by viewers - because of THIS sign
- 14:39 Robert Kubica given FINAL chance to prove he can make F1 return...
- 14:39 Mum’s horror after her car spins around and flips over as she tries...
- 14:39 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:37 Tamworth FC set to unveil new striker before weekend
- 14:37 Firearms surrender in Northamptonshire yields 48 weapons in first...
- 14:37 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:36 The Disaster Artist EXCLUSIVE: James Franco is uncanny as Tommy...
- 14:35 Chancellor supports Borderlands Growth Deal
- 14:35 Budget 2017: Chancellor touts £2bn ‘extra’ for Scotland
- 14:35 Cops say NO attempted child snatch happened in Poundland
- 14:35 Appeal for information after cats dumped in Preston park
- 14:35 Pub could be partially demolished to make way for new Co-op...
- 14:33 $esc.html($content.name)
- 14:33 Budget 2017: Stamp duty ABOLISHED for first-time buyers
- 14:33 Fears school land may be sold for housing
- 14:32 VIDEO: Everything you need to know from Philip Hammond’s Budget
- 14:30 Date and time confirmed for Burton Albion's FA Youth Cup clash with...
- 14:30 Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms eased using THIS unique diet plan
- 14:30 Hull ferry passengers were 'evacuated' in false alarm
- 14:30 Town fayre to kick off Harborough's festive season