China third-quarter economic growth seen steadying but property, debt key risks
Fuelled by government spending and a housing frenzy, China's economic growth likely steadied at 6.7 percent in the third quarter, but slumping private investment, surging debt and the risk of a property correction are keeping the government and global investors on edge.
Wednesday's data is expected to paint a picture of an economy that is slowly stabilising but increasingly dependent on government spending and a housing boom for growth, as exports remain stubbornly weak.
Chinese leaders are trying to spur growth to create jobs, but are also facing pressure to push painful structural reforms... read more
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit
- 09:46 Saints skipper Wood earns England recall
- 09:45 Hockey: Burton hit back to claim first victory of campaign
- 09:45 Find the row with empty seats and buy a VIP lounge pass for £20:...
- 09:45 Hockey: Defeat for brave Barton in top-of-table thriller
- 09:45 Barclays joins Lloyds in the PPI doghouse as the lender dishes out...
- 09:45 Toys R Us will offer a quiet shopping hour to help children with...
- 09:45 Hockey: Taylor nets four times in Burton Ladies' win
- 09:45 Manchester United fans forced to backtrack as Mourinho lauds...
- 09:45 Tranquil retreat at risk from new estate
- 09:45 DATA: Aston Villa's TV times
- 09:44 Criticism of autism services for children in Cumbria
- 09:43 Asia shares extend losses, dollar firms but off highs