China stocks sag ahead of long holiday; HK follows Asian markets lower
* SSEC -0.3 pct, CSI300 -0.2 pct, HSI -0.6 pct
* China investors cautious ahead of long holiday
* China property shares firm despite fresh gov curbs
SHANGHAI, Sept 28 China stocks sagged on Wednesday in thin trading, as investors' risk appetite continued to wane ahead of the week-long National Day holiday that starts on Oct 1.
Hong Kong shares followed Asian markets lower, giving back some of Tuesday's gain, that partly stemmed from assessments that Democrat Hillary Clinton won the first presidential debate. Many investors regard her rival, Republican candidate Donald Trump, as a potential... read more
- 13:40 Every UK driver to save £35 after new curbs on whiplash claims
- 13:40 "Reese Witherspoon is my idol." Former University of Leeds student...
- 13:39 UK's youngest and oldest populations revealed - where does...
- 13:38 8 ideal jobs currently on offer in Leeds if you want to work in...
- 13:38 Susan Dalgety: Alex Salmond is a footsoldier for evil despot Putin
- 13:38 VIDEO: Hundreds of people evacuated from Sheffield office block...
- 13:37 How do you know when you’re ready to move into a retirement...
- 13:37 F1 news: Driver accuses fans of being ‘haters’ and ‘jealous’ before...
- 13:37 UK's youngest and oldest populations revealed - where does...
- 13:37 VIDEO: Hundreds of people evacuated from Sheffield office block...
- 13:37 How to protect your data on Facebook amid Cambridge Analytica scandal
- 13:36 Joined-up approach key to tackling homelessness in Warwick district
- 13:36 Bomb hoax threat which affected Cumbrian schools and colleges...
- 13:35 This Liberace-style house is the stuff of both dreams and nightmares
- 13:35 Woman caught having sex with boy, 14, after being rescued during flood
- 13:34 Bomb hoax threat which affected Cumbrian schools and colleges...
- 13:34 Breast cancer support group’s fundraising fashion show
- 13:33 Be part of the Easter story on Palm Sunday
- 13:32 'Nobody believes Rees-Mogg actually cares about fish': your best...
- 13:32 Ospreys make earliest return to Rutland Water
- 13:31 Life can be an adventure if you retire early
- 13:31 Retire in London: Community living at heart of it all
- 13:31 Lewis Hamilton reveals the one shock thing he did after Formula One...
- 13:31 Anthony Joshua offered shock UFC fight after hinting at boxing switch
- 13:31 Barrow dad-of-one and former sailor dies tragically aged 38
- 13:31 Millom teenager reunited with medical staff who saved her life
- 13:30 West Cumbrian teenager reunited with medical staff who saved her life
- 13:30 Male rape victim who inspired David Platt’s Coronation Street...
- 13:30 Review: Gary Numan - Middlesbrough Empire
- 13:29 No breakthrough in Holyrood-Westminster Brexit deadlock