China stocks rise, led by energy shares
China stocks rose on Thursday, led by energy shares, but turnover in Shanghai was near a four-month low as traders braced for a long holiday.
The blue-chip CSI300 index rose 0.4 percent, to 3,244.39, while the Shanghai Composite Index also gained 0.4 percent to 2,998.48 points.
Trading was thin as investors are still concerned about the outlook for the Chinese economy and are reluctant to make fresh bets ahead of the week-long National Day holiday that starts on Oct. 1.
All the main sectors rose in China, with energy shares leading gains.
Shares of oil companies were firm as oil prices... read more
- 18:14 Fed may need to raise interest rates in 'near future': Kaplan
- 18:12 Huddersfield Royal Infirmary nurses terrified by man's strange...
- 18:12 Quarter of new Leicester school places are in poor or average schools
- 18:12 Ice weather warning for Leicester as Storm Ewan sweeps across the...
- 18:12 Ander Herrera: This is what Zlatan Ibrahimovic does to the Man...
- 18:12 Sue’s wing walk will raise cash for hospital
- 18:12 Yorkshire anglers take top prizes at beach fishing event
- 18:11 Surf Snowdonia to host first ever music festival
- 18:11 Cheap flights 2017: Monarch SLASHES fares to Rome to just £29 one way
- 18:10 Barclays brings in former Bradford & Bingley director and Debenhams...
- 18:10 Arsonist fuelled by cocktail of drugs set fire to Wirral home over...
- 18:09 Newcastle newsagents facing alcohol bid backlash as vicar fears...
- 18:06 Winsford clock tower roof blown off in Storm Doris
- 18:06 Body of burned dog found in Branston field
- 18:06 Man, 20, denies alleged serious assault in Nelson Street, Swadlincote
- 18:06 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 18:06 Sir John Major attacks 'unreal' Brexit vision
- 18:05 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:05 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:02 Van driver holds cigarette in one hand and phone in the other
- 18:02 Monday Night Football LIVE: Liverpool could leapfrog Arsenal with...
- 18:02 Tributes to teenager who died just 11 days after brain tumour...
- 18:02 F1 testing 2017: Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes fastest as Red Bull and...
- 18:02 Doorman Daniel Fox died after being stabbed in chest following...
- 18:02 The way Andrew Garfield looked at ex-girlfriend Emma Stone during...
- 18:01 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:01 Boy taken to hospital after town centre fight
- 18:01 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:00 Derbyshire drivers facing £100 hike in insurance bills
- 17:59 Daimler picks U.S. trucks chief to replace Bernhard