China stocks edge lower on yuan depreciation worries
Oct 12 China stocks dipped on Wednesday, led by resources shares, as renewed worries about weakness in the yuan hurt investor sentiment and reduced the appeal of Chinese assets.
The blue-chip CSI300 index and the Shanghai Composite Index both ended down 0.2 percent at 3,300.01 and 3,058.50 points, respectively.
The Chinese currency briefly touched a fresh six-year low on Wednesday, fuelling speculation of further depreciation as the dollar firms on growing expectations of a U.S. rate hike in December. The yuan later clawed back the losses.
Some investors were also concerned about the... read more
- 17:46 PANTO REVIEW: Peter Pan, Mansfield Palace Theatre
- 17:44 This Chelsea star is so good it's like having an extra player on...
- 17:40 Extraordinary fundraising week at Wreake Valley Academy for...
- 17:40 Top TV picks
- 17:40 Saturday night film
- 17:40 135 years of history celebrated at Barrow Salvation Army special...
- 17:40 Festive fever comes to Barrow at the launch of popular grotto
- 17:38 Norway government wins backing for 2017 budget, prevents collapse
- 17:37 Mysterious figure dubbed the 'Ruskington Horror' spotted near Sleaford
- 17:37 The picture postcard views of Lincoln Christmas Market
- 17:36 80 homes heading to old Harvestime Bakery site
- 17:36 West Bromwich postcode strikes gold with £3 million lottery prize
- 17:35 Arsene Wenger says Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was not ‘100 per...
- 17:33 Church of England jumped on 'middle-class Brexit bandwagon', bishop...
- 17:30 Meet the prolific fundraiser donating 60 hampers to deserving...
- 17:26 West Ham v Arsenal: Live Premier League scores and updates from the...
- 17:26 Rutland leads the way with mental health care project for young people
- 17:26 Share views on post-16 transport in Rutland
- 17:24 Road in Leicestershire closed due to serious collision
- 17:24 Brave Bradley Lowery wishes supporters a Merry Christmas as he...
- 17:24 Cousin remembers 'angel' Paige Collier with touching tribute
- 17:23 12 ways being a student ruins Christmas
- 17:22 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Shaun Murphy to reach third final
- 17:22 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' last-minute header rescues...
- 17:21 Launch of new independent womenswear shop in Harrogate
- 17:20 Will you marry Smee? Actor pops the question at Mansfield's pantomime
- 17:20 Pep Guardiola concedes Chelsea’s Antonio Conte won the tactical...
- 17:20 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Late Sergio Ramos goal cancels Luis...
- 17:19 Man City v Chelsea chaos: Howard Webb speaks out on Sergio Aguero...
- 17:18 Police advise youngsters on how to stay safe