China stocks buoyed by debt-reduction plan; HK takes breather after rally
* SSEC 0.4 pct, CSI300 0.3 pct, HSI -1.2 pct
* Gov's debt-reduction plan needs a vibrant equity market-analysts
* China property shares rebound sharply on signs of strong growth
SHANGHAI, Oct 11 China stocks rose to a one-month high on Tuesday after Beijing unveiled guideliness to cut massive corporate debt, potentially leading to consolidation among some state-owned companies and drawing more investor interest into equities.
But Hong Kong shares fell over 1 percent, after trading resumed following Monday's holiday, as some investors took profit from the market's recent rally.
China's... read more
- 09:50 This Nottinghamshire design firm is looking to boost the web...
- 09:49 Burglars steal car keys from Sandiacre home - then take Citroen...
- 09:49 UK food and drink sales hit £20bn across the world
- 09:49 Roman Abramovich secures crucial deal: Chelsea fans will love this
- 09:48 Czechs, tired of being 'Europe's garbage can', will push for better...
- 09:48 China jails former head of safety watchdog for 15 years for graft
- 09:47 Serious cause behind the smile
- 09:47 Explorer Levison Wood to entertain Chesterfield with stories of his...
- 09:46 Sutton United boss hits out at 20-stone goalie Wayne Shaw for...
- 09:45 You can skip this ad in a year: YouTube drops 30-second commercials
- 09:45 YP Comment: The best and worst of politics
- 09:45 Pundit addresses rumours of Man United’s £30m Arsenal raid: This...
- 09:45 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 09:45 Milo Yiannopoulos banned from conference over paedophilia comments
- 09:45 Children's sex book causes stir in Indonesia
- 09:45 COURT REGISTER
- 09:45 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Catching God’s attention as spring arrives...
- 09:44 South Africa grants Barclays Africa some immunity in FX rigging probe
- 09:44 Hammond closes in on budget goal after strong January tax inflows
- 09:44 Mourinho mind games begin as Man Utd draw Chelsea in FA Cup
- 09:44 Marlpool model set for a comeback
- 09:44 Asia stocks consolidate recent gains; China shines
- 09:43 Tory leader challenges council's call to splash cash on traffic...
- 09:43 Scarlett Moffatt 'gutted' as her family is axed from next Gogglebox...
- 09:42 Queen of the jungle Scarlett Moffatt 'gutted' at family's...
- 09:42 Police dig at former Swindon home of double killer...
- 09:42 Ukip leader Paul Nuttall gives witness statement to Hillsborough probe
- 09:42 Louth Golf Club: Eileen claims the Valentine’s Day honours
- 09:41 Conor McGregor hints he's open to fighting Pacquiao if he doesn't...
- 09:41 Can you guess which former team-mates joined Bastian Schweinsteiger...