China stocks buoyed by debt-reduction plan; HK takes breather after rally
* SSEC 0.4 pct, CSI300 0.3 pct, HSI -1.2 pct
* Gov's debt-reduction plan needs a vibrant equity market-analysts
* China property shares rebound sharply on signs of strong growth
SHANGHAI, Oct 11 China stocks rose to a one-month high on Tuesday after Beijing unveiled guideliness to cut massive corporate debt, potentially leading to consolidation among some state-owned companies and drawing more investor interest into equities.
But Hong Kong shares fell over 1 percent, after trading resumed following Monday's holiday, as some investors took profit from the market's recent rally.
China's... read more
- 17:42 Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane insists it would be a...
- 17:42 Dan Evans crashes out as Dominic Thiem proves exactly why he’s one...
- 17:42 Weather at Urdd National Eisteddfod set to be mainly dry but humid,...
- 17:40 Hamilton 1 Dundee United 0 as Accies save their Premiership skins –...
- 17:38 Vegan Jaden Smith livid after Toronto hotel serves him cheese
- 17:34 Aston Villa's Jack Grealish has been set this challenge for 2017/18
- 17:34 Easter Monday opening times in Nottingham for Tesco, Asda, Aldi,...
- 17:33 FIFA 18 release date news revealing major Nintendo Switch change...
- 17:33 Spitfire on display at vintage day of fun and nostalgia
- 17:31 Mum saved Manchester Arena bombing victim by driving him to...
- 17:30 WATCH: What you should do during a terrorist attack
- 17:28 Free things you can do in Betws-y-Coed
- 17:28 Who will Man City play in the UEFA Champions League?
- 17:28 Celtic fans can't believe embarrassing gaffe as commentators...
- 17:27 Aqua Park is back with a splash as this year it doubles in size
- 17:27 Nottingham pub basks in the sunshine, along with 20 tons of sand
- 17:27 Thibaut Courtois tells Chelsea to offer him new contract amid...
- 17:27 Man due in court charged with fishing without a licence
- 17:26 US might extend cabin laptop ban worldwide, top official says
- 17:25 Busy road will close for month
- 17:25 Hamilton Accies 1 Dundee United 0 (agg 1-0): Tangerines staying...
- 17:25 Indy 500 2017: Fernando Alonso rates his chances of winning famous...
- 17:25 Indy 500 crash: Most spectacular smashes from Indianapolis
- 17:23 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Follies set for farce
- 17:22 Police search house after reports of a man with gun
- 17:20 Manchester bomb survivor vows to love her best friend’s daughter...
- 17:20 Video: Sky News presenter makes embarrassing gaffe live on TV
- 17:20 Manchester United's Jesse Lingard pictured on holiday with transfer...
- 17:20 U.S. might ban laptops on all flights into and out of the country
- 17:20 Empire’s Taye Diggs revealed all for Instagram