China says Australians detained in Crown Resorts' case
China's Foreign Ministry said on Monday some Australians have been detained for suspected gambling crimes, after Australia's biggest casino company, Crown Resorts Ltd, said China had detained 18 of its employees including three Australians.
In a brief statement sent to Reuters, the ministry said the case was still being investigated.
It gave no other details.
(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- 02:24 David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family idol says he has dementia
- 02:22 Nikkei edges up as yen eases, Nippon Paper surges
- 02:13 Alt-right editor challenges journalists to visit Sweden
- 02:06 Governments 'must address corruption to defeat IS', says report
- 02:02 Trump's state visit will go ahead despite angry backlash
- 02:02 PM steps up Brexit Bill pressure as she sits in on peers' debate
- 02:02 Ministers dismiss business rates 'underestimation' reports
- 02:02 Yo-yo dieting 'could be good for you even if you put all the weight...
- 02:02 Taking children back to US would be bad parenting, says Rob Delaney
- 02:02 Watchdog calls for separation of officers in fatal incidents to...
- 01:52 Colombia FARC rebels to start disarmament process
- 01:42 EastEnders spoiler: Ian Beale writes his will after suffering a...
- 01:41 Arsene Wenger 'astonished' by Sutton's performance as Arsenal...
- 01:41 Wales coach Rob Howley faced with selection issue as Taulupe...
- 01:39 Snail venom compound 'offers chronic pain therapy'
- 01:36 Mary Berry 'stands by' Paul Hollywood after Bake Off move
- 01:30 Children's hospital is first to be rated 'outstanding'
- 01:25 Benefits variations unacceptable - MPs
- 01:25 Hospital cuts planned in most of England
- 01:23 Uber hires ex-U.S. Attorney General Holder to probe sexual harassment
- 01:23 Bungling European Union displays US flag with EXTRA STAR during...
- 01:12 Reliance's Jio hails Uber ride in payments battle with PayTM
- 01:12 Gloucester say sorry for fan's rude gesture to Saracens forward...
- 01:12 Jamie Heaslip believes Ireland are on right path as No 8 admits...
- 01:12 Sutton's cramped Gander Green Lane was an intense setting for...
- 01:12 U.S. crude prices rise as investors bet big on oil strength
- 01:04 Toshiba wants to raise at least $8.8 billion from sale of chip unit...
- 01:02 Teacher shortage getting worse, say MPs
- 01:01 Chelsea captain John Terry would have brand new knife and fork...
- 00:58 Kieran Powell recalled by West Indies after three-year hiatus ahead...