China's Golden Week tourists 'shed inhibitions' and hit the road
When Ines Chou was planning her "Golden Week" holiday, it was Britain's history and heritage rather than its high street shops that lured her to the country.
Chou was among a record six million Chinese expected to have travelled overseas for the holiday, which ends on Saturday, and offers insights into the changing travel tastes of a key group of holidaymakers for the retail and travel sectors in top destination countries.
"London has a lot of culture and free museums," said the marketing director from Beijing, who visited the British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum... read more
- 21:41 World weatherwatch: Spring brings wildfires, storms and ash plumes
- 21:35 Brexit customs plan won’t be ready until after Britain has already...
- 21:28 Metro delays after report of report of trespasser on the line
- 21:25 West Craven Well Being Group out to combat loneliness
- 21:23 M&S makes plans for Foodhall in Alnwick
- 21:17 Why Unai Emery is like Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, not Arsene...
- 21:13 Uber ends Arizona driverless car programme
- 21:12 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:12 Woody Allen's son Moses Farrow defends father over sexual assault...
- 21:11 Police to examine misconduct allegation against John Bercow
- 21:11 MPs back campaign to strengthen domestic abuse bill
- 21:10 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:08 Relegated Sunderland poised to appoint St Mirren’s Jack Ross as...
- 21:08 Chelsea prepare talks to sign Unai Emery’s top Arsenal transfer...
- 21:08 Lawmakers choke back tears, rail at US Olympic leaders at emotional...
- 21:08 Fraud trial collapses over disclosure of BHA evidence
- 21:06 Police called to man on roof of castle hotel
- 21:06 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:05 Alvaro Morata next club odds: Juventus, Man Utd among favourites to...
- 21:04 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 21:03 Beyonce and Jay Z show at Hampden given go ahead
- 20:56 Sebastian Vettel disagrees with phasing out of ‘grid girls’ in Monaco
- 20:53 Brexit: Ex-Vote Leave director Cummings warns of 'train wreck'
- 20:52 Uber shuts down self-driving operation in Arizona after fatal crash
- 20:52 Drink-driving dwarf reality star sobs in court as she admits...
- 20:44 'Righteous fight': Warren and Booker call on religious voters to...
- 20:43 Manchester attack: GMP chief criticises BBC documentary
- 20:42 ‘Whistleblower’ woman was ‘taped to chair and gagged by colleagues’
- 20:41 West Craven Well Being Group out to combat loneliness
- 20:35 Fibromyalgia - ‘it’s a battle of mind over body’