China economy seen growing 6.6 percent in fourth quarter: govt think tank
China's economy is expected to grow at an annual 6.6 percent in the fourth quarter and post overall growth of 6.7 percent for the full year, the China Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) said.
The predictions by CASS, a top think-tank that advises the government, were published by the official Shanghai Securities Journal newspaper on Wednesday, and were line with the government's own full-year forecasts of 6.5-7 percent growth.
"Economic growth in the fourth quarter is likely to fall slightly but within a normal and stable range," the newspaper quoted Wang Hongju, a senior... read more
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults
- 00:16 Venezuela: US diplomats ‘seek anti-Maduro allies’
- 00:16 Bosses told to give back job to abused nurse
- 00:16 State pension age could be raised to 70, says report
- 00:16 Teachers from NUT and ATL form super-union
- 00:16 Westminster in Lockdown
- 00:12 Westminster attack death toll rises to five
- 00:11 Arsenal star Nacho Monreal: What I think about Arsene Wenger's future
- 00:11 Coronation Street spoiler: Will David Platt’s secret FINALLY be...
- 00:10 'Solidarity and support': world leaders send wishes after attack in...
- 00:09 Recorded child abuse cases hit an all-time high
- 00:09 Westminster attack death toll rises to five
- 00:06 This postcode tracker shows how many people in Coventry are having...
- 00:01 Serious sex attack on woman in West Yorkshire village
- 00:00 44 Scotland Street: Homo ludens
- 23:57 AUDIO PREVIEW: Guitar king Joe Bonamassa promises 'two hours of...
- 23:57 Delaying access to high-cost drugs is 'numerical discrimination',...
- 23:56 Horrifying moment woman plunges off bridge to avoid London terror...
- 23:55 Barcelona interest 'nice' admits Sevilla winger Vitolo: 'Who would...
- 23:47 Gareth Southgate encouraged by England performance despite falling...
- 23:46 Moderate drinking can lower risk of heart attack, says study
- 23:45 Barcelona star Arda Turan Arsenal’s No.1 target to replace Mesut Ozil
- 23:41 The truth behind the myth: Should you really be cutting back on carbs?
- 23:40 Moderate drinking can lower risk of heart attack, says study
- 23:40 From mermaids and breast feeding mothers to a 'man fairy': The 69...
- 23:40 Stardust in 3D: Stunning flythrough reveals most accurate map of...