China calls for regulation of emojis due to their ‘erotic and violent nature’
Chinese state media is calling for a crackdown on emojis because they are erotic and violent.
A comment piece published in the party-affiliated People’s Daily on Saturday argued for the regulation of emojis, single-frame memes, animated gifs and ‘stickers’ used in chat apps.
Saudi Arabia executes prince from its own royal family Aside from them being violently erotic, obviously, another reason the paper cited is that the slang language in Chinese stickers could be confusing to non-native speakers who are studying the language.
Sixth Tone reports that the article quotes Tang Zhengda, an... read more
- 17:43 Everything you need to know about a new school planned for Wearside
- 17:42 Recreating town’s hidden garden
- 17:42 European stocks post weekly gain as bounce in banks buoys markets
- 17:42 Masson Mill crash sees cyclist airlifted to hospital
- 17:41 Audi to buy back 25,000 diesel Q7 models in U.S. - Der Spiegel
- 17:40 Have you got what it takes to become a part-time firefighter in...
- 17:41 ECB's Nowotny thinks QE decision due in December
- 17:40 New school path will help get children walking
- 17:40 Historic England calls for action on tatty Nottingham shopping parades
- 17:40 Nottingham off-licence withdraws bid to sell booze until 6am
- 17:40 Lib Dem Denis Healy takes Tory seat in Beverley by-election victory
- 17:39 Jan Vertonghen insists 'I'd play five games a week' after being...
- 17:39 Barcelona star Luis Suarez writes off chances of winning the Ballon...
- 17:39 The Scunthorpe schools chief who cannot give interviews but says...
- 17:37 Terror on the East Marsh ...
- 17:37 Discussions 'ongoing' as Grimsby Town boss Paul Hurst remains...
- 17:37 Aberdeen hotelier apology for homophobic remarks
- 17:36 Snapped: Key man trains with Chelsea and is passed fit to face...
- 17:35 Lionel Messi cannot be stopped with any formula, concedes Valencia...
- 17:35 Brendan Rodgers refuses to blame Celtic defender Kolo Toure after...
- 17:35 Simon Mignolet hits the gym in bid to earn back place as Liverpool...
- 17:34 Rugby gets the walking football bug
- 17:33 Disgraced ex-Boro star Adam Johnson slashes price of luxury mansion
- 17:33 Fire at London City Airport forces hundreds of travellers to evacuate
- 17:30 Two arrested after dog buried alive with nail hammered through...
- 17:29 Chelsea vs Manchester United: Metro.co.uk’s big match preview
- 17:29 Could new deal encourage development to start at these Kirklees sites?
- 17:28 Slow start to Friday rush hour after crash on A15
- 17:28 ‘Your memory will live on’ – final farewell for soldier and rugby...
- 17:28 Adidas releases special edition Ashington trainer - but what is it...