China building collapse kills at least 22
Twenty two people have been confirmed dead after a group of residential buildings collapsed in eastern China, state media reports.
The incident on Monday saw four buildings in Wenzhou in Zhejiang province reduced to rubble, reported the Xinhua news agency.
The buildings were reportedly built by villagers in the 1970s and were in a poor condition.
Most victims were migrant workers who had been renting cheap rooms.
"They lost their lives to take advantage of cheap rent. It is horrible," Guo Lin, a witness told news outlet China News Service.
Six people have been pulled out of the... read more
- 17:47 Olympic champion Adam Peaty to race at Manchester Aquatics Centre
- 17:47 Manchester United player Ashley Young gives an update on his...
- 17:47 Woodplumpton A-team are Over Wyre District champions twice -over
- 17:45 Authorities were warned of dangers of road where tragic Meden Vale...
- 17:45 How do you solve a problem like debt? Your questions answered
- 17:45 Louth woman Reta celebrates her milestone 100th birthday
- 17:45 Protect your unborn baby this winter with a free flu jab
- 17:44 Mum woken up by sound of car crash rushes out and finds daughter dead
- 17:43 Sexual abuse victim of former Bishop of Chester speaks out
- 17:42 'Strong connections needed' says Cumbrian MP who narrowly retains...
- 17:42 Thugs target Barrow cars as tyres slashed on more than 10 vehicles...
- 17:42 Domino's pizza shop sex couple spared jail
- 17:41 Maribor vs Liverpool FC: All you need to know
- 17:41 Investigation launched into suspicious white powder found in Melbourne
- 17:41 Meet the Player: Ryan Goldston (Ruthin Town)
- 17:41 Police searching for missing Derby pensioner find body in River...
- 17:41 Man Booker Prize: Winner of £50,000 award to be announced
- 17:41 Man Utd eyeing £35.6m swoop for Espanyol left-back Aaron Martin -...
- 17:41 COLUMN: Why asking for ‘PP’ leaves me feeling flushed!
- 17:41 Bjork elaborates on sexual assault claim
- 17:40 Nando’s is getting rid of its original veggie patty and frankly, I...
- 17:40 Ex-Garstang Mayor's scouts HQ proposals scrapped
- 17:40 Garstang turns orange for third year running
- 17:39 Charter Fair returns to Ilkeston packed with family fun
- 17:39 Five out of seven puppies stolen from Derbyshire found
- 17:38 Madagascar characters to come to Birmingham in new stage musical
- 17:37 Backlash from headteachers over schools funding should be 'wake-up...
- 17:37 Protect your unborn baby this winter with a free flu jab
- 17:37 Expert panel identifies unacceptable toll of food and farming...
- 17:37 Taxi 'shot at with BB gun' while in city, driver says