China arrests man suspected of killing 16 in remote village
Police in China on Thursday arrested a man suspected of killing 16 people, including three children, found dead in a remote southwestern village, state media said.
Mass killings are rare in China and the incident dominated discussion on social media platforms. It was not immediately clear how the victims were killed, or what the motive was.
The suspect was arrested in Kunming, capital of Yunnan province, about 200 km (124 miles) from Yema, the site of the murders, state news agency Xinhua said, adding that the victims were members of six families.
The bodies were found on Thursday at... read more
- 01:56 Venezuela says to issue bigger notes 'very soon' as inflation surges
- 01:53 'Sir Bradley Wiggins still has questions to answer': Chris Froome...
- 01:43 Austria's upcoming presidential bid pits far-right populist and...
- 01:36 U.S. president-elect, in break with practice, speaks to Taiwan's...
- 01:30 Hollywood star Steve Martin responds to Newcastle fans' anger in...
- 01:23 Exclusive: U.S. networking company Ixia explores sale - sources
- 01:19 China expresses concern as Yemen's Houthis form government
- 01:14 Winning Express betting scheme investors fear money lost
- 01:14 London's child intensive care units told to delay surgery
- 01:13 Cambridge Rainbow vegetarian cafe refuses new £5 note
- 01:09 Uganda cracks down on 'dissenting' Rwenzururu kingdom
- 01:08 Students call for nap pods at Edinburgh University
- 01:06 Amputee player Tommy McKay nominated for SPFL goal of the month
- 01:02 Christmas dinner costs 'rise 14%'
- 01:00 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth
- 01:00 Sirius reapproaches Pandora for a takeover: source
- 00:57 Santa vs Jesus board game 'blasphemous'
- 00:56 Alan Shearer insists 'you don't need to suffer in silence anymore'...
- 00:54 Migrants in Austria will be BANNED from purchasing firearms, under...
- 00:49 Christmas trees: Real or fake?
- 00:46 Sending a postcard from somewhere you've never been
- 00:44 Hayao Miyazaki: Japan's godfather of animation?
- 00:44 Will Spain ever ban bullfighting?
- 00:37 10 Secret Santa gifts you’ll definitely get AGAIN this year
- 00:31 Minimum alcohol pricing 'could improve nation's health'
- 00:31 Sir Edward Heath probe 'not a fishing trip or witch-hunt', police...
- 00:31 Southampton FC contacts police over historical child abuse probe
- 00:31 Post Office at 'crisis point' says union as staff strike over...
- 00:31 Corbyn in call to counter rise of 'political parasites' in the...
- 00:31 Network Rail 'to lose control of track maintenance'