China appears to push back on U.S. bid to choke North Korea coal exports
China appears to have pushed back on a U.S. bid to close a U.N. loophole that allows North Korea to export coal for "livelihood purposes," saying the well-being of North Koreans is a priority in negotiations on possible new U.N. sanctions on Pyongyang.
Since North Korea's fifth and largest nuclear test four weeks ago, the United States and China, a close ally of North Korea, have been negotiating a new draft Security Council resolution to punish Pyongyang.
"We cannot really affect the well-being and the humanitarian needs of the people and also we need to urge various parties... read more
- 15:10 Conference's £200,000 boost to city economy
- 15:10 Hallam Fields: Parents dismay new £4m Birstall school will...
- 15:09 Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- 15:09 Venezuelan opposition strike patchy amid government threats
- 15:09 Residents' group launches Heathrow legal challenge amid 'apparent...
- 15:09 Scott Brown ran the show against Man City and he can do same for...
- 15:09 WATCH: Burton Albion unveil new £1 million 3G pitch
- 15:08 Kenya bans clipboards to curb exam cheating at schools
- 15:08 Doncaster runners urged to support charity
- 15:08 Killed driver was five times over limit
- 15:08 Accused Derby man Dominic Halliday-Fox made to wait in Swadlincote...
- 15:07 Council letter accidentally directs residents to hardcore porn site
- 15:07 Father who disappeared 23 years ago found living 1,000 miles away...
- 15:07 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:07 Super Cubs celebrate highest possible achievement awards
- 15:07 Slugs have picked up a new bad habit because life in Britain is tough
- 15:07 Buxton B&B wins prestigious award for service
- 15:06 Brothers raped street drinker in front of their own sleeping mother
- 15:05 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:05 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:05 Two women were assaulted in a Chesterfield nightclub
- 15:04 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:04 Owner achieves lifelong dream with opening of new ladies boutique...
- 15:04 Top honour for D-day Navy veteran Walter
- 15:04 Man slapped in the face in Northampton town centre
- 15:02 Barcelona manager Luis Enrique defends former teammate Pep...
- 15:02 Pep Guardiola expresses concern at Manchester City's poor form...
- 15:02 Bawtry Post Office set to move location
- 15:02 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:02 Disharmony in British yoga community over moves to regulate teachers