China agrees to help Cambodia overhaul its criticised judiciary
China is to help Cambodia revamp its judiciary, a system that opposition party supporters say is in thrall to Prime Minister Hun Sen, and that the United States has criticised as "politicised and ineffective".
The two sides signed a memorandum of understanding on Chinese assistance for Cambodia's courts this week, Ministry of Justice spokesman Chin Malin said on Wednesday, adding that China would provide training, finance and expertise.
"There will be training and exchanges of visits between the two countries' officials, at a level up to technician and minister," Chin... read more
- 11:36 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:36 IN PICTURES: Wigan through the decades
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying
- 11:28 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:28 Gallery: Top brass entertain at Hebden Bridge March Contest
- 11:27 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:27 Sheffield and Rotherham men charged over rape of girl, aged 14
- 11:26 Huge Tesco Direct gaming sale ahead of site shutdown
- 11:24 Carlisle man who attacked ex-girlfriend told he's going to prison
- 11:24 How many goals has Harry Kane scored for England and who are...
- 11:24 Bulldoze or rebuild? Architects at odds over future of Glasgow...
- 11:24 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:23 Dozens feared dead as overloaded Sumatra ferry sinks
- 11:22 E.On announces 4.8% dual fuel price rise
- 11:22 Mobile app keeping Cumbria fit and healthy
- 11:21 Fake £50 notes used in Ripon and Harrogate: CCTV image of suspects
- 11:20 Malcolm Turnbull says media makes China-Australia relations look bad
- 11:20 Slave trader’s portrait removed from Bristol lord mayor’s office
- 11:19 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn