China 2016 economic growth seen slowing to 6.6 percent, 6.5 percent in 2017: Reuters poll
China's economic growth is expected to cool to 6.6 percent this year and slow further to 6.5 percent in 2017, even as the government keeps up policy support to help ward off a sharper slowdown, a Reuters poll showed.
The world's second-largest economy faces nagging downward pressure due to slack global demand that has hurt its exports, as well as risks from painful reforms to cut industrial overcapacity and a growing pile of debt that some analysts fear could spark a financial crisis.
The risk of a correction in the high-flying property sector could also pose a threat as more local... read more
- 03:33 Fitbit forecasts current-quarter revenue below estimates
- 03:33 SK Hynix CEO says will consider fresh bid for Toshiba chip unit stake
- 03:29 Asia stocks ease, dollar steadies after Fed-led losses
- 03:29 Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life is possible
- 03:26 Qantas profits buffeted by competition headwinds
- 03:26 SK Hynix CEO says will consider fresh bid for Toshiba chip unit stake
- 03:16 Aston Villa's slump: The Championship form table says it all for...
- 03:01 North Korea blames Malaysia for death of its citizen - KCNA
- 02:58 Rick and Morty troll fans everywhere with first teaser for season 3
- 02:57 'How my mother's organ donations brought new friendships'
- 02:57 Rainbow babies: The children bringing hope after loss
- 02:51 Fruit and veg: For a longer life eat 10 a day
- 02:48 Courts to ban cross-examination of victims by abusers
- 02:45 Civilians start fleeing homes after west Mosul offensive begins
- 02:36 Sniper Elite 4: How to get the perfect shot in the new gaming...
- 02:35 Nikkei drops led weaker by financials after U.S. yields fall
- 02:35 Adopted Romanian orphans 'still suffering in adulthood'
- 02:34 Parish council tax bills rise despite squeeze
- 02:33 New Trump travel ban delayed until next week, White House says
- 01:58 'Our favourite prey' Christian father & son ‘brutally burnt alive &...
- 01:58 Russia to target MERKEL? Putin builds model of GERMAN PARLIAMENT...
- 01:49 Anthony Joshua calls on heavyweight rival Deontay Wilder to face...
- 01:49 Paul Pogba and his brother Florentin make the family proud once...
- 01:41 Drivers have been warned to avoid these Midlands motorways during...
- 01:37 Donald Trump ‘DELAYS’ new ‘immigration ban’ order as he plans to...
- 01:32 The Indian politician with the reputation of a Bond villain
- 01:30 Indian sungazers keep up family tradition for four generations
- 01:28 Naomie Harris: What getting an OBE means to me
- 01:27 Earl Hays Press: Where Hollywood gets fake money and newspapers
- 01:27 Women and film: Is it still a man's world behind the camera?