Chile's president defiant over abortion changes
Chile is one of only six nations in the world where a woman can be prosecuted for having an abortion whatever the circumstances. Its first female president, Michelle Bachelet, is trying to change that, against stiff opposition.
"I believe that women should have legally the possibility of making their own choices. In this country until now this is criminalised - if you interrupt your pregnancy, you will go to jail. And I believe this is not fair," Ms Bachelet told me.
"Women could be in an unhealthy situation because of rape, et cetera, and there might be women who don't want... read more
- 02:02 Berlin set for mass evacuation as WW2 bomb is defused
- 01:57 Baize aces collect their awards
- 01:53 Time 100 list: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern praised as 'political...
- 01:23 South Africa: Ramaphosa leaves Commonwealth summit to deal with...
- 01:22 New 'shadow' council to be set up for north of Northamptonshire
- 01:02 National Trust should be 'radical'
- 00:56 Sudoku hard 4039
- 00:54 Premier League clubs post record profits last season thanks to TV...
- 00:53 ‘Magic’ mushrooms to boost Caledonian Forest restoration
- 00:45 REVEALED: Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards winners 2018
- 00:45 How an asparagus farmer's death spurred robotic innovation
- 00:44 How does he do it? Secrets of David Copperfield’s disappearing...
- 00:44 Chelsea left back Marcos Alonso meets up with friends for a meal...
- 00:41 Premier League club revenues soar to £4.5bn
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Theresa May rides out Windrush storm - but Amber...
- 00:39 Charlotte Burns: Little substance to promises of a green future
- 00:39 Leonie Jackson: Why Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech still...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: A lack of nuance. Immigration debate still...
- 00:38 Poorest families 'going without food or power'
- 00:36 UK's Alys Tomlinson named photographer of year at Sony awards
- 00:36 Javier Bardem defends Woody Allen: 'I am very shocked by this...
- 00:36 Smartphone overuse increases loneliness and anxiety, and forms...
- 00:36 Crick mum names baby after hotel her waters broke in during...
- 00:35 German swastika ticket row as Hitler play opens in Konstanz
- 00:33 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster
- 00:32 Why this India priest carried an 'untouchable' into a temple
- 00:30 Steven Pienaar sees Football Welcomes as great way to bring people...
- 00:29 Europe migrants: Austria to seize migrants' phones in asylum clampdown
- 00:27 The Amazon’s solar-powered river bus
- 00:25 Five ways China's past has shaped its present