Children whose parents have split are less stressed when they spend their time living equally between two households, scientists claim
Children who live with one of their separated parents are more likely to feel stressed than those who custody is shared equally, a Swedish study has found.
Youngsters living with one parent had a higher chance of experiencing stress several times a week than those whose parents had split living arrangements fairly.
This trend could be seen even if the parents had a poor relationship with one another or the child didn't get along with either of them, experts found.
The findings might be explained by the fact that children who spend time away from one parent lose contact with relatives and... read more
- 18:00 Carabao Cup final: Arsenal fans rushing out of Wembley with 25...
- 18:00 Samsung Galaxy S9 focuses on the camera
- 17:58 Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss admits Man Utd manager Jose Mourinho...
- 17:57 Electric Dreams cast: Who stars in Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams?
- 17:56 Katie Price ‘plans huge revenge for Kieran Hayler’ after nanny affair
- 17:56 Chelsea fans were trolling Man Utd over something controversial...
- 17:56 Antonio Conte back on collision course with Chelsea board after...
- 17:55 Ridding team of ‘losing mentality’ says Horn
- 17:55 Rangers hold league leaders Montrose to a deserved draw
- 17:55 Harrow, Wooler and Newbiggin win through to NNL semi-finals
- 17:55 Woffinden wows fans with his frank and honest opinions
- 17:55 Shkodran Mustafi blasted for 'pathetic defending' by former boss...
- 17:55 Dele Alli is an 'easy target' for critics, claims Mauricio...
- 17:55 Moby - Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt album review
- 17:55 Avengers Infinity War runtime REVEALED: Is it the LONGEST Marvel...
- 17:55 WEEKEND WEB: Spalding war memorial plan proposed
- 17:52 British skier dies after falling from ‘cliff’ in the French Alps
- 17:52 Met Office upgrades snow warning for North East
- 17:49 NRA and Donald Trump appear to part ways over raising age to buy rifle
- 17:49 Londoners at greater risk of crime as Met budgets tighten
- 17:48 Florida shooting: school threats spike 'significantly'
- 17:46 Brave Wigan dad on "long road to recovery" following heart transplant
- 17:45 Remote control hovercraft and robotics among the attractions at...
- 17:43 Eddie Amoo obituary
- 17:39 Jerusalem: Christianity's 'holiest site' closed in protest
- 17:36 Dog sitting company can guarantee your wedding has a ‘furry tail’...
- 17:36 Appeal as 'essential' Leeds domestic abuse service loses premises
- 17:35 Sir Paul McCartney wishes late Beatles star George Harrison a happy...
- 17:35 Samsung reveals Galaxy S9 and S9+ to rival iPhone X
- 17:35 Carabao Cup final 'SCRAP' kicks off between Arsenal boss Arsene...