Children who are fussy eaters only have parents to blame, says John Niven
A NEW survey throws a lifeline to parents with children who are what they would call “fussy eaters”.
Apparently it might be genetic. That’s right, UK research into 2000 pairs of 16-month-old twins has suggested that kids’ dislike of certain foods could be hardwired into their DNA.
To which my reply would be, as Basil Fawlty memorably put it, “what a bunch of arse”.
As regular readers will know, “fussy eaters”, “plain eaters”, whatever you want to call them, drive me up the pole.
And I fear many parents only have themselves to blame.
You regularly see families eating two separate meals: one... read more
- 20:49 Yaya Toure to West Ham growing likely: Free agent may join Manuel...
- 20:44 Hats off to team Warrington, the world champions
- 20:38 Fire crews tackle flat blaze
- 20:35 Rafael Nadal reveals SECRET to Italian Open final victory against...
- 20:33 Lincolnshire residents advised to order Bank Holiday prescriptions...
- 20:30 Cougar mauls cyclist to death and drags him away to den as injured...
- 20:29 Arsenal preparing to make Mikel Arteta announcement in the next week
- 20:29 Rangers news: Steven Gerrard appointment backed by former Celtic boss
- 20:27 Brackley Town lift FA Trophy after dramatic penalty shootout
- 20:26 Brackley Town lift FA Trophy after dramatic penalty shootout
- 20:23 Lincolnshire residents advised to order Bank Holiday prescriptions...
- 20:20 Street light felled in crash
- 20:15 Trump seeks probe into FBI election campaign 'infiltration'
- 20:13 Liverpool transfer news: Former Reds attacker wants Anfield return
- 20:11 Frankie Boyle criticises 'cowardly' BBC for Israel joke apology
- 20:11 It’s simple for Simon as Modeligo claims another Stratford success
- 20:10 Street light felled in crash
- 20:10 Woman cut free from crashed car
- 20:09 View from the Zoo: Wide-eyed arrivals settle in at Flamingo Land
- 20:08 John Bercow to face Andrea Leadsom after 'stupid woman' row
- 20:08 Boris Johnson lays wreath in Argentina for Falklands soldiers
- 20:08 Fire crews tackle flat blaze
- 19:57 Golfers in Hawaii don’t let volcano eruption get in the way of a round
- 19:55 Lord Mayor of Chester to lead anniversary event remembering...
- 19:51 Lincolnshire residents advised to order Bank Holiday prescriptions...
- 19:51 Pakistan and blunted Mohammad Abbas toil to draw with Leicestershire
- 19:51 Rafael Nadal fends off Alexander Zverev to secure Italian Open final
- 19:50 Lincolnshire residents advised to order Bank Holiday prescriptions...
- 19:48 Trump will ask justice department to look into campaign surveillance
- 19:46 David's delighted as Northants win at Nottinghamshire for first...