Children’s services chief: “We have done an extraordinary amount of work since the report”
0 Have your say A check-up on Bucks County Council’s services for vulnerable children has found
improvements are being made – but several areas still need significant work.
Services for children in need of protection are under the microscope after they were labelled inadequate - the worst rating possible - in 2014 in a damning report which raised a litany of failures.
The monitoring report, which has been published on Ofsted’s website, found that overall, improvements were being made and social care is a ‘firm priority’.
But ‘progress has not met expectation’ across many areas which still... read more
- 10:36 Tamworth FC looking for a winning send-off
- 10:36 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:35 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:35 Bayern muscle in on Barcelona and Real Madrid target as agent...
- 10:35 Loads of people are having sex in airports instead of on planes
- 10:33 Travel: The ten best beaches in Scotland
- 10:33 Travel: Glamping in an eco-friendly den in west Wales
- 10:33 Travel: the adventurer who rowed across the Mediterranean
- 10:32 Ex-Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett on beauty secrets
- 10:31 These are Steve Bruce's main contenders for Aston Villa's player of...
- 10:31 Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa TV details: Who is in the teams?...
- 10:31 West Brom vs Leicester City TV details: What time is kick-off? Who...
- 10:30 Man City star's comments could spark huge swap deal - and it's bad...
- 10:29 Incredible Edible: Going ‘edimental’ along the canal
- 10:28 Father of three wins legal fight against British Airways as the...
- 10:28 EXCLUSIVE: Sure beats a tent! Bella Hadid relaxes in bikini in...
- 10:28 Wonderful Wales! Rolling valleys, magnificent castles and...
- 10:28 Police are trying to trace men in connection with attempted bank...
- 10:27 Bank holiday misery for drivers as A1 is closed
- 10:26 48-year-old man stabbed to death on bus named
- 10:26 Man due in court over fatal stabbing in east London
- 10:26 Hundreds seeking compensation over ops by convicted breast surgeon
- 10:26 Theresa May commits to delivering HS2 rail link
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...
- 10:24 Take a look at David Beckham as he swaps the football kit for a...
- 10:24 Celebrating boxing's greatest fight nights in Britain
- 10:22 Katie Price reveals she lets her kids poo in her garden because she...