Children from Calais 'Jungle' set to arrive in Britain ahead of camp demolition
French authorities are poised to begin work to dismantle the site after President Francois Hollande said it would be removed by the end of the year.
Earlier this week Home Secretary Amber Rudd confirmed she had stressed to her French counterpart that children eligible to come to the UK should be moved out of the camp before the demolition process starts.
David Simmonds, chairman of the Local Government Association's a sylum, refugee and migration task group, said councils have a strong record of supporting children travelling alone.
"The number of unaccompanied asylum seeking children... read more
- 16:07 15 year jail sentence forSt Ann's who raped child
- 16:07 City pub will soon be home to Nottingham's only vintage analogue...
- 16:07 Man United benefited from Christian Benteke's FA Cup double -...
- 16:07 This is what the law says on what to do if somebody parks outside...
- 16:06 Coton Green boss Masefield's delight as Green Army hit six
- 16:06 Coleshill Town fans are enjoying a 'feast of football'
- 16:06 Leamington park improvement works to start next week
- 16:06 Troon boss warns his team of relegation battle ahead of visit of...
- 16:05 Controversial plans for Moresby Parks houses given green light
- 16:05 Wrexham AFC striker Izale McLeod delighted to open his Dragons account
- 16:04 Lindley clock tower to be illuminated 115 years after it was built
- 16:04 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1
- 16:03 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses in Warwickshire...
- 16:03 Horncastle Town Council defends 20.42 per cent hike in tax bills
- 16:03 Ulverston Town Council gears up to bring in 20mph zone
- 16:03 Rhyl FC announce new young signing...and this one's only three days...
- 16:02 Chesterfield campaigners to build a ‘wall’ to mark Donald Trump’s...
- 16:02 Zimbabwe pastor in court over Mugabe death prophecy
- 16:02 Is YOUR job stressful? You're at higher risk of 5 forms of cancer...
- 16:02 Ambulances in Sweden can now block car radios: Trial system...
- 16:01 Manchester United’s Phil Jones explains success of Marcos...
- 16:01 Dad did the donkey work for our success
- 16:01 Derbyshire pharmaceuticals firm planning 'hundreds' of redundancies
- 16:01 You’re hired! Apprentices come to rescue of vandalised garden
- 16:00 Sick of people parking in front of your house? This is what the law...
- 16:00 Pupil’s business in frame
- 16:00 Body of missing woman found stuffed inside abandoned suitcase
- 16:00 20 reasons Barack Obama is the coolest US President of ALL time
- 16:00 Major Louth employer Luxus Ltd celebrates €1.4 million project
- 15:59 Lincolnshire ‘bucks the trend’ with latest employment figures