Children 'distressed' by 'clowns' leaping from undergrowth in Newcastle
Youngsters have been left terrified by a bizarre “prank” which seems to be sweeping Newcastle .
Police in the city are investigating as up to six separate reports of people wearing clown costumes jumping out of bushes to scare passing school children.
The first alleged incident happened on Friday, September 30, and since then officers have received a number of calls from across the city, reporting individuals in the alarming circus costumes allegedly chasing passers-by.
No one was attacked or hurt during these so-called pranks, but children were left “incredibly distressed”.
Northumbria... read more
- 09:58 Children 'forced to sleep by roadside' after Calais Jungle...
- 09:58 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Blanc wants United job, Allardyce for Wolves?...
- 09:57 Pensioner slasher back behind bars after going on run from jail
- 09:57 All you need to know about the new Royal Bank of Scotland £5 note
- 09:55 Demand for fibre helps BT meet forecasts, pension deficit widens
- 09:55 England beat USA to host rugby league World Cup in 2021
- 09:55 Manny Pacquiao steps up workout ahead of boxing return as...
- 09:55 Eurowings cancels hundreds of flights amid cabin crew strike
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit
- 09:46 Saints skipper Wood earns England recall
- 09:45 Hockey: Burton hit back to claim first victory of campaign
- 09:45 Find the row with empty seats and buy a VIP lounge pass for £20:...
- 09:45 Hockey: Defeat for brave Barton in top-of-table thriller