Children are THREE times more likely to smoke before they become 11 if they don't live with both parents
Going through a divorce is not only stressful on you - it has a lasting impact on your children.
Often growing up emotionally scarred, children are susceptible to trying new things as a result of their changing home environment.
But new research suggests youngsters who don't live with both parents while growing up are more likely to smoke or drink before they become a teenager.
The effects of parental absence could increase the risk of lung cancer and cardiovascular disease, scientists warn.
While children are more likely to develop addictions to both alcohol and nicotine if they consume... read more
- 00:07 France starlet Kylian Mbappe receives ultimate compliment from...
- 00:07 Everton boss Ronald Koeman hails Seamus Coleman's attitude after...
- 00:04 American wonderkid Will Vint agrees to join Manchester United...
- 00:00 Video refs could be rolled out for EFL Cup
- 00:00 Insightful explorations of science fiction’s lengthy coming of age
- 00:00 Boyd with confidence
- 00:00 Radicalism obscured in gloom
- 00:00 RLIF backs nines cup for 2019
- 00:00 Astle’s family calls for Taylor to quit
- 00:00 Boycott put on ice after players win
- 00:00 Another corporate attack is looming
- 00:00 Labour members should be free to criticise Israel
- 00:00 Time for claimants’ voices to be heard nationally
- 00:00 Unite against neoliberalism
- 00:00 Ukraine: Polish consulate ‘attacked by terrorists’
- 00:00 EU leaders left bitter by Brexit ‘divorce’
- 00:00 South Africa: Zuma stays away from Kathrada’s funeral
- 00:00 Hospital workers to strike over zero-hours
- 00:00 40% cuts to legal aid have reduced system to ‘carnage’
- 00:00 NHS activists protest in York against health cut
- 23:59 'A leg-breaker', a headbutt, four sent off and Hibs boss Neil...
- 23:53 Mary Berry’s new ‘home happiness’ book will reveal her top secret...
- 23:52 Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 UPDATE: New trailer announcement from EA
- 23:50 Turkey ends Euphrates Shield military campaign in Syria
- 23:46 Everton shouldn't blame James McCarthy for injury setback, insists...
- 23:46 Rangers have agreed £350,000 deal for Billy Gilmour with Chelsea if...
- 23:46 PFA Scotland chairman John Rankin warns Scottish football’s...
- 23:44 Neil Lennon accuses Morton player of trying to break Hibs star's...
- 23:41 Road too small for houses
- 23:41 “I get 250 smiles a day and it’s great”