Childhood obesity targeted in possible crackdown on unhealthy food ads
The Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) has launched a public consultation on proposals to limit the placement of ads for products high in fat, salt or sugar (HFSS) in non-broadcast media, including traditional and online outlets.
It will also consider a ban on such ads targeting children as old as 16 to bring them into line with television regulations.
A ban on using celebrities or popular characters could also be partially lifted for the advertising of healthier foods.
Currently, HFSS food and drink can be advertised to children in non-broadcast media, unlike television where strict... read more
- 13:39 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:38 Antonio Conte reacts to Arsene Wenger’s decision to quit Arsenal
- 13:38 Colne toddlers raise £600 with three-mile sponsored walk
- 13:37 German supreme court rejects ad-block challenge
- 13:36 Mum claims son, 6, told ‘he’s not black enough to wear conditioner’...
- 13:36 What's next for Arsene Wenger? Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain...
- 13:36 Arsene Wenger's dream team: After 22 years at Arsenal, Sportsmail...
- 13:36 Beckton birthday acid attacker John Tomlin jailed for 16 years
- 13:36 Sheffield school issues warning about flasher
- 13:36 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:34 Tommy Wright is not welcome at Dens Park, says Neil McCann
- 13:34 Superstar DJs: the best playlists curated by musicians
- 13:33 How long has Arsene Wenger been at Arsenal and how long was Sir...
- 13:33 VIDEO: Heroic Stratford mum Rachael honoured
- 13:33 Britrock tour comes to Birmingham
- 13:32 Sunderland v Burton Albion is not the only result Nigel Clough will...
- 13:32 Police on the hunt after woman was sexually assaulted in Preston
- 13:31 Bid for 325 new homes in Wigan moves a step closer
- 13:31 Shock at sudden death of popular ex-Wigan vicar
- 13:31 Turns out that caring about the environment makes you more attractive
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?
- 13:28 Record Store Day: where to celebrate and pick up exclusive vinyl...
- 13:27 Passengers angry after new Melton bus service cuts announced
- 13:27 County councillor backs verge plan
- 13:27 Watch dangerous driver race through streets of Rugby
- 13:26 From seagulls to Bardot tops: this week’s fashion trends
- 13:26 What I wore this week: the new day dress
- 13:25 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future