Child sex abuse inquiry lawyer suspended from duty
The most senior lawyer on the national probe into child sexual abuse has been suspended from duty.
In what is likely to be another serious blow to the investigation, a spokeswoman for the independent inquiry said they have "recently become very concerned" about aspects of QC Ben Emmerson's leadership.
Mr Emmerson, who is counsel to the inquiry, has been "suspended from duty so that these can be properly investigated", a spokeswoman for the inquiry said.
"Suggestions in the press that Mr Emerson was considering resigning after raising disagreements over the future... read more
- 10:57 Sheffield staff help raise £40,000 for children’s hospital extension
- 10:57 Dry and mild with patchy rain
- 10:57 Sheffield Wednesday news: Carlton Palmer demands Carlos Carvalhal...
- 10:56 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:56 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:56 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:55 Bank of America Merrill Lynch fined £35m by UK watchdog
- 10:55 Fylde coast bank staff in charity drive
- 10:55 Thousands call for use of metal detectors at Liverpool clubs after...
- 10:55 ‘Anxious’ Theresa May begged Jean-Claude Juncker for help at Brexit...
- 10:54 Police receive reports from residents 'terrorised' by hissing...
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:53 Neymar says his controversial red card for PSG was unfair
- 10:53 Typhoon Lan video: HUGE waves batter Japan as deadly storm leaves...
- 10:53 Private hospital operator Spire Healthcare rejects £1billion...
- 10:53 George Clooney desperate for ‘women to feel safe’ as he urges a...
- 10:53 Shane Richie teases that shock EastEnders affair that was planned...
- 10:52 Plan reflects Blackpool club’s changing fortunes
- 10:52 Fylde MP wants spring start for new link road
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan
- 10:51 Foreign visitors will now be charged to use the NHS
- 10:50 'Dreamflight gives everybody a chance to do something amazing'
- 10:50 'Holiday of a lifetime': Sick children overjoyed on Dreamflight...
- 10:50 Jobcentre staff strike over closure of Sheffield office
- 10:50 Woman charged with murdering boy aged 18 months who fell from...
- 10:50 Sheffield NHS bosses monitoring 'shambolic' private ambulance...
- 10:50 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017