Child sex abuse inquiry: Labour calls on government to intervene
The government needs to intervene in the inquiry into child sexual abuse in England and Wales, after another of its lawyers resigned, Labour says.
Aileen McColgan, who was leading investigations into the Anglican and Catholic Churches, quit amid concerns about the inquiry's leadership.
Two of the inquiry's most senior lawyers resigned in September.
Labour's Diane Abbott said it was facing a "crisis of credibility" which ministers must address.
The investigation was set up to examine whether public bodies, including the police, had failed in their duty to protect children from... read more
- 13:05 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:05 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 13:05 EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Rider’s eye view of Tour de Yorkshire as it heads...
- 13:05 Man jailed for injuring woman with baseball bat after text row
- 13:04 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:04 COLUMN: Sincere thanks to marathon runners
- 13:04 Caring duo ran to raise charity cash
- 13:03 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:03 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:02 Watch Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in LIVE
- 13:02 If bristling Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha wants easier questions...
- 13:01 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh in LIVE updates:...
- 13:01 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:01 Illegal fly-tipping halved in Warsop
- 13:01 These are the parts of Birmingham where house prices have risen most
- 13:01 Rat catcher conman Crimea Price loses appeal over ripping off...
- 13:01 Steve Bruce issues a warning to Aston Villa ahead of the Blackburn...
- 13:01 Kenichi Phillips murder: Gunman found GUILTY of killing Birmingham...
- 13:00 10 ways to get fit and healthy for summer
- 12:59 Karim Benzema to Arsenal: Real Madrid decide to sell striker,...
- 12:59 Man hunt for carjackers who attacked pick-up truck driver in Hornsea
- 12:59 Responses still needed for GP services survey
- 12:58 Four in five kids feel social media companies are failing to...
- 12:58 New care home aims to be a cut above the rest
- 12:58 Large amounts of jewellery stolen from Northampton home during...
- 12:57 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 12:57 A wonderful birthday weekend planned for Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- 12:56 A wonderful birthday weekend planned for Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- 12:56 Jeremy Kyle is SEETHING at guest who destroyed show’s hotel and...
- 12:56 Best Foot Forward: Stoodley Pike and Cragg Vale from Mytholmroyd