Child sex abuse inquiry 'hands police 80 cases a month'
An average of 80 child sex abuse cases a month have been referred to police over the last year following victims' testimony to an independent inquiry.
The cases emerged as part of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA).
Drusilla Sharpling, from the inquiry's panel, said it was not known whether all of the allegations were new.
The figures were revealed as the inquiry's Truth Project published its first report.
The project was set up to enable victims to speak anonymously to the inquiry and has attracted interest from 500 people wanting to share their experience, the IICSA... read more
- 16:55 Revealed: These are the best loved brands in Britain
- 16:55 Michelle Obama: 'I won't run for office' for my children
- 16:55 Bullring fire: Room full of jewellery 'wrecked' after blaze at...
- 16:55 America's biggest orchards could soon use ROBOT fruit pickers, but...
- 16:55 Think YOU can tell the time? Take the test to see if a new...
- 16:54 ON THIS DAY: Severe weather alert of SNOW for Derbyshire
- 16:54 Man United set to table £17m bid for Jorge Mendes' client
- 16:54 New gym class consists of nothing but sleeping
- 16:54 Retired Notts maths teacher charged with sex crimes against...
- 16:54 Lola just weeks away therapy to improve life
- 16:54 Burka-wearing burglars target house in Leicester
- 16:53 Drivers warned to expect delays as holidaymakers take to the roads
- 16:53 56 interlinked chambers of colour and light in purpose built...
- 16:51 Concern for missing teenager Rio
- 16:51 Emmerdale death confirmed as actor reveals shock at ‘door being...
- 16:50 Terror suspect arrested in Westminster named as Khalid Mohamed Omar...
- 16:50 Nintendo Switch GAMES NEWS: Nintendo celebrates another INCREDIBLE...
- 16:50 Tottenham confirm they’ll play 2017/18 home games at Wembley Stadium
- 16:49 The gym class where nodding off is the new working out
- 16:49 Kenilworth teenager Abi stars in F1 in Schools victory
- 16:49 New gym class consists of nothing but sleeping
- 16:48 Meet Britain's oldest worker - and she's been with the same company...
- 16:48 Shock as armed robber strikes at Natwest bank
- 16:47 Crystal Palace v Burnley – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 16:47 Tottenham confirm Wembley as home stadium for the 2017/18 season
- 16:47 World stocks pause near record highs ahead of Trump landmark
- 16:47 Bloodied Macedonian leftist expects to form government despite...
- 16:46 Is your car affected by the Vauxhall Zafira recall? Now is the time...
- 16:46 Burglar jailed for six years after she broke into five houses in...
- 16:45 Anglesey man jailed for Christmas Day knife attack on friend