Child mental health money not making frontline - report
Money earmarked to boost mental health provision for children in England is failing to make it to front-line services, a new report suggests.
The government last year pledged £1.4bn for child mental health by 2020, but a report says millions of pounds is being used to offset NHS cuts elsewhere.
Specialist teams are also turning away up to a quarter of youngsters, it said.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said the government was "determined to address" mental health problems.
The previous coalition government promised in 2015 an extra £250m a year during this parliament to improve... read more
- 02:40 Challenges? Finding time tops the lot for Wild Fire Pizza founder...
- 02:40 Top quality livestock on display in the Fair City
- 02:40 Fife farmer wins top soil award
- 02:40 Local priorities must not be lost
- 02:40 Exclusive - China's CNPC suspends fuel sales to North Korea as...
- 02:40 Lawrie & Symington marks 150 years in business
- 02:40 Courier Business Awards entry deadline looms
- 02:40 A long and rocky economic road
- 02:40 How to get off to a good start with your salary
- 02:40 Transport giants to face off for rail franchise
- 02:38 Fatherland: Searching for the soul of England's lads and dads
- 02:23 The Grenfell survivor rebuilding his life, two weeks on
- 02:23 U.S. says needs to work together with China on North Korea, trade
- 02:13 Helicopter 'attacks' Venezuelan court
- 02:09 North Korea developing HYDROGEN BOMB capable of causing blast as...
- 01:58 Turkish troops amass on Syrian border 'returning fire on Kurdish...
- 01:55 Arsene Wenger believes Thomas Lemar signing will convince Kylian...
- 01:53 London fire: Fire safety risk inspections pointless, says expert
- 01:52 Asia stocks pressured as Wall Street hit by healthcare vote delay
- 01:51 Willenhall school 'riot' saw teacher injured by pupils
- 01:47 Rangers midfielder Andy Halliday set for season-long loan to...
- 01:42 Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017: Ticket prices, cars and who's...
- 01:38 Big Brother 2017: Ellie, Chanelle and Isabelle go TOPLESS and...
- 01:37 HMP Birmingham: Violence on rise, say inspectors
- 01:37 Hillsborough disaster: Charges decision due
- 01:36 Oil prices drop as rising U.S. fuel stocks revive glut concerns
- 01:35 Florentino Perez does not ‘think’ Real Madrid are in talks with...
- 01:26 FIGHT FOR RAQQA: Fearless Kurdish female sniper LAUGHS as ISIS...
- 01:21 Key Alberto Contador Tour de France support rider, Andre Cardoso,...
- 01:19 Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares hoping to ride momentum at Wimbledon...