Child mental health money not making frontline - report
Money earmarked to boost mental health provision for children in England is failing to make it to front-line services, a new report suggests.
The government last year pledged £1.4bn for child mental health by 2020, but a report says millions of pounds is being used to offset NHS cuts elsewhere.
Specialist teams are also turning away up to a quarter of youngsters, it said.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said the government was "determined to address" mental health problems.
The previous coalition government promised in 2015 an extra £250m a year during this parliament to improve... read more
- 18:35 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:34 ‘We should be shopping for her school uniform, not her headstone’:...
- 18:34 Spain in CRISIS as Catalonia says it will declare independence...
- 18:34 Ulverston governors shortlisted for national award
- 18:34 Who should I vote for?
- 18:34 Northern Ireland MUST get special Brexit deal, favourite in...
- 18:34 Judi Dench sneezes after sniffing on rose named after her at...
- 18:34 Scottish IndyCar hero Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in...
- 18:34 Smoke billows across Edinburgh as fire engulfs former Royal...
- 18:32 Paramedic attacked by teenager who had taken 'Never Never Land Pill'
- 18:32 Watch Cygnet being reared by hand at wildlife hospital
- 18:32 Solihull nursery worker used Facebook to blackmail 'petrified'...
- 18:31 BBC presenter Julie Wadsworth 'performed sex act on boy', court hears
- 18:30 Thousands of bees captured in Station Street swarm incident
- 18:30 Arsenal open talks with top striker: He's set for summer move,...
- 18:30 France's Macron acts on pledge to clean up politics
- 18:26 Cash stolen in west Cumbrian burglary
- 18:26 Quad bike stolen in West Cumbria
- 18:25 Anglesey home of famous airman put up for auction
- 18:24 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:24 Attempted burglary
- 18:24 U.N. envoy to Yemen says Houdeidah port should be kept safe
- 18:24 Owner tells of dog's fight for life after adder bite on Cumbria beach
- 18:22 Ex-BBC WM presenters Tony Wadsworth and Julie Mayer ‘giggled as...
- 18:22 Everything you need to know about Birmingham's first Olympic-length...
- 18:22 YouTuber’s music video gets 2,215,444 dislikes in just one month
- 18:22 Grieving mum shares images of stillborn baby
- 18:22 Pointless player threatens to QUIT after leaving Alexander...
- 18:20 Shadow cabinet members distance themselves from Corbyn as Labour...
- 18:18 Jailed: Sadistic attacker tortured man before trying to murder him...