Child abuse inquiry 'crumbled' and 'impossible to fix'
The child sexual abuse inquiry has "crumbled" and may be impossible to fix, a leading barrister has said.
Michael Mansfield QC told the BBC the best way forward was to have separate chairs overseeing different areas.
The inquiry has been battling to keep the confidence of victims after losing its third chair, Dame Lowell Goddard, and a succession of senior lawyers.
Mr Mansfield represented the families of victims in the Bloody Sunday inquiry and the Hillsborough inquest.
'Seriously wrong' A number of lawyers have expressed concerns over the leadership and direction of the... read more
- 06:33 NOSTALGIA: Pupils take to the streets
- 06:33 Half of us don’t know our neighbours’ names, says poll
- 06:33 Labour hits out over maths failures
- 06:33 TOMY recall children’s toy over injury fears
- 06:32 Two decades after handover, scant love for China among Hong Kong youth
- 06:32 Court-round up: The latest cases from Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court
- 06:31 Arsenal considering Manchester United winger Anthony Martial as...
- 06:31 Paris St-Germain preparing massive £60m bid for Manchester City...
- 06:30 Susan Boyle terrorised by teen neds who threw stones and lit paper...
- 06:30 Actress Sheila Hancock scaled one of Scotland's most remote...
- 06:27 New hospital chairman's mission to create 'outstanding' Nottingham...
- 06:27 Half of us don’t know our neighbours’ names, says poll
- 06:27 TOMY recall children’s toy over injury fears
- 06:27 Military tradition to make comeback at Armed Forces Day in Banbury
- 06:27 Lottery results: National Lottery Lotto, Lotto millionaire raffle...
- 06:27 Bloxham Steam Rally returns bigger than ever
- 06:27 Investigation continues after fight breaks in Branston Road in Burton
- 06:27 Refugees and asylum seekers who fled war-torn countries to Derby...
- 06:27 Could you take adorable Kiwi and Lilly out for walks?
- 06:27 What parents think about the possibility of Littleover Community...
- 06:23 Half of us don’t know our neighbours’ names, says poll
- 06:23 TOMY recall children’s toy over injury fears
- 06:23 Police issue parking reminder after issuing penalty notices around...
- 06:18 BREAKING: 'More than 100 dead' after oil tanker overturns and...
- 06:17 Glastonbury 2017: the best of Saturday's festival action – in pictures
- 06:15 Manchester United player Michael Carrick reacts to Cristiano...
- 06:15 A third of animal owners confess to ‘throwing sickies’ to tend to...
- 06:15 £600k project will reveal local heritage
- 06:14 A third of animal owners confess to ‘throwing sickies’ to tend to...
- 06:14 Hedgehog charity’s concern over mystery ‘fundraiser’ in Louth