Chester volunteers sleep rough for new project to house homeless
A SHARE volunteer spent the night sleeping rough in Chester to raise funds for a new project.
Sandra Johnson, a full time volunteer at SHARE’s Chester store, spent 36 hours in the shoes of the homeless with her colleague Julie Lewis and friend Michelle Fisher.
The charity, which has stores in Mold and Chester, is attempting to raise funds to buy derelict houses that can be converted into homes for the homeless.
SHARE will assist in getting the re-homed people back into full time employment and give them hope and a chance at a much better life than before.
Read More Your Champions 2016:... read more
- 01:56 Venezuela says to issue bigger notes 'very soon' as inflation surges
- 01:53 'Sir Bradley Wiggins still has questions to answer': Chris Froome...
- 01:43 Austria's upcoming presidential bid pits far-right populist and...
- 01:36 U.S. president-elect, in break with practice, speaks to Taiwan's...
- 01:30 Hollywood star Steve Martin responds to Newcastle fans' anger in...
- 01:23 Exclusive: U.S. networking company Ixia explores sale - sources
- 01:19 China expresses concern as Yemen's Houthis form government
- 01:14 Winning Express betting scheme investors fear money lost
- 01:14 London's child intensive care units told to delay surgery
- 01:13 Cambridge Rainbow vegetarian cafe refuses new £5 note
- 01:09 Uganda cracks down on 'dissenting' Rwenzururu kingdom
- 01:08 Students call for nap pods at Edinburgh University
- 01:06 Amputee player Tommy McKay nominated for SPFL goal of the month
- 01:02 Christmas dinner costs 'rise 14%'
- 01:00 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth
- 01:00 Sirius reapproaches Pandora for a takeover: source
- 00:57 Santa vs Jesus board game 'blasphemous'
- 00:56 Alan Shearer insists 'you don't need to suffer in silence anymore'...
- 00:54 Migrants in Austria will be BANNED from purchasing firearms, under...
- 00:49 Christmas trees: Real or fake?
- 00:46 Sending a postcard from somewhere you've never been
- 00:44 Hayao Miyazaki: Japan's godfather of animation?
- 00:44 Will Spain ever ban bullfighting?
- 00:37 10 Secret Santa gifts you’ll definitely get AGAIN this year
- 00:31 Minimum alcohol pricing 'could improve nation's health'
- 00:31 Sir Edward Heath probe 'not a fishing trip or witch-hunt', police...
- 00:31 Southampton FC contacts police over historical child abuse probe
- 00:31 Post Office at 'crisis point' says union as staff strike over...
- 00:31 Corbyn in call to counter rise of 'political parasites' in the...
- 00:31 Network Rail 'to lose control of track maintenance'