Chester council reduces children's centre services
Some families may not be able to access help after the cash-strapped council agreed to slash services at several children’s centres to save more than £1m per year.
The centres, which were the brainchild of the last Labour government, were set up to support families with health facilities, child care and early learning and parenting advice in every community.
But Labour-controlled Cheshire West and Chester Council says the only way to retain all 15 children’s centres is to maintain the full range of services at key centres but reduce services at other ‘linked’ centres.
Main centres will... read more
- 08:14 Multi-million pound plans to improve busy South Shields junction...
- 08:14 John Legend stands up for women’s rights calling for ‘more women in...
- 08:14 New payment plan to tackle 'unfair' travel costs for post-16...
- 08:14 Nexus reassures Metro passengers and confirms no station is lined...
- 08:12 Kenny MacAskill: It’s not if, but when indyref2 will be called
- 08:12 Man attacked outside Rotherham takeaway
- 08:12 Aston Villa transfer news: John Terry's double incentive to join
- 08:11 Scots overwhelmingly support older people ‘hate crime’ law
- 08:10 Wossobama Gym star Ashley Beattie will fight Victoria Lomax for...
- 08:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan gets second...
- 08:07 Avebury neolithic 'stone square circle' discovered
- 08:06 All sold out at Warwick's newest business park
- 08:06 Village waste operator prosecuted for planning offences
- 08:06 BT auditing under investigation
- 08:06 This is the country where most Brits are being arrested
- 08:05 Ashraf’s efforts prove in vain for Cleckheaton
- 08:05 Model Sonny Turner sums up the struggle of shopping for a bikini as...
- 08:04 Which Premier League stadium sees the highest yearly rainfall?
- 08:04 Trespass warning as police name boy who died at DIRFT
- 08:04 British and Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton calls for a response...
- 08:03 Value of George Formby ukulele shows the importance of musical history
- 08:01 South Yorkshire Police 'thrown under the bus' over tree-felling...
- 08:00 Melton schools receive special anti-bullying awards
- 08:00 Reduction in opening times at Northumberland police stations
- 07:59 John Wood Group sees weak first half on fewer projects
- 07:58 Rare tree voted second best in England to be felled
- 07:58 Final day at Duns Primary after almost 130 years of education
- 07:56 Arsenal to try improved Thomas Lemar transfer bid as Arsene Wenger...
- 07:55 Barrow man charged with terrorism offence
- 07:55 British tourist fighting for life after plunging from hotel balcony...