Chelsea had £50.9m transfer bid for Kalidou Koulibaly rejected this summer, Napoli president claims
Chelsea made a stunning £50.9million offer for Kalidou Koulibaly in the final days of the transfer window, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has claimed.
The 25-year-old centre-back was the subject of a record-breaking bid that would have seen him become the most expensive defender of all time ahead of John Stones and David Luiz (both £50m).
But with Napoli refusing the sell him, Chelsea opted instead to bring Luiz back to Stamford Bridge from Paris Saint-Germain.
Koulibaly signed a new deal with the club last summer, which in theory keeps him there until 2021, but he is believed to... read more
- 10:54 Alfie Evans’ parents to discuss taking son home
- 10:53 Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard considered by Rangers as potential...
- 10:53 A 'reward card scheme' proposed for good Birmingham citizens who...
- 10:53 Prince Harry asks William to be Best Man at Meghan Markle wedding
- 10:53 Should you date your best friend? These people say it’s the best...
- 10:53 New chair for Sellafield Ltd announced
- 10:53 Appeal to find man, 88, last seen at Killingworth Shopping Centre
- 10:52 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:51 Why Tube users are speaking up about invisible illnesses
- 10:51 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 10:51 Local solar energy project aims to give back to the community, as...
- 10:50 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:50 Police: Appeal to help find Prestwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 10:50 Burglaries at primary schools in Radcliffe and Little Lever
- 10:49 Helping Scarborough teenagers make a choice
- 10:49 Ribble Valley young talent perform at Blackburn Rovers game
- 10:48 Campaign of witness intimidation
- 10:47 CCTV released following attempted theft from B&Q
- 10:47 BBC pays out hardship money to 15 presenters embroiled in tax row
- 10:47 Fancy living in this Tolkien-style gentleman’s retreat in the North...
- 10:47 Humberside - the county no one loved
- 10:47 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:47 William to be best man at royal wedding
- 10:46 Three crashes lead to traffic chaos between Wellingborough and Rushden
- 10:46 Roy Keane tells Mohamed Salah what he must do to reach Lionel Messi...
- 10:46 Street marshals bolster police teams keeping revellers safe in...
- 10:45 Keir Starmer hits back at McCluskey in Labour antisemitism row
- 10:45 Gardening: 5 of the best barbecues
- 10:45 HARRY PRATT COLUMN: Why every England fan MUST support Arsene...
- 10:45 Liverpool would make Real Madrid’s stars HATE football – Pat Nevin