Chef Chris stars in BBC contest
The head chef at Cottage in the Wood on Whinlatter is cooking up a storm in BBC Two's Great British Menu.
Chris Archer, 28, of Station Street, Cockermouth, is originally from Yorkshire and has been taking part in the North East section of the competition this week.
Chris was initially approached to take part in the programme in 2014, but didn't make the cut.
He was then contacted again last year and was given his chance to compete after another contestant pulled out.
The show, which is currently airing on weeknights on BBC Two, was filmed in September and October 2015.
Chris is one of 24... read more
- 00:06 All-important antidote to mindless Hollywood pulp
- 00:06 Time to mothball divas’ swansong opera
- 00:07 Paige Doherty's family start #NoJusticeForPaige campaign and call...
- 00:06 The veins Nafta opened in Mexico
- 00:06 Hamilton rallies against ‘outdated’ Formula One
- 00:06 Gymnastics doc accused of sex crimes
- 00:06 Laidlaw out: A massive loss
- 00:06 Tata must honour its pledge to steel workers
- 00:06 A man at the heart of battles that shaped countless lives
- 00:06 ‘Fortress Australia’ – Government seeks Trump-like powers against...
- 00:07 Not tonight, I really DO have a headache: One in 100 suffer 'coital...
- 00:07 HS2 work to start after final hurdle cleared
- 00:06 Corbyn is no whipping boy
- 00:06 Ecuador: Presidential election goes to run-off
- 00:06 Turkey: Pro-Kurdish party leader jailed for five months
- 00:06 United States: Jewish centres targeted by bomb threats
- 00:06 May under pressure from own side over Dubs plan
- 00:06 Unison fights challenge to rerun election
- 00:06 New Met chief Dick ran op which killed Menezes
- 00:04 Henrikh Mkhitaryan speaks out on injury: Man United star 'happy and...
- 00:03 Thousands of doctors trained in Europe 'may quit UK after Brexit'
- 00:03 Forget five a day, eat 10 portions of fruit and veg to cut risk of...
- 00:01 Chelsea manager Antonio Conte stresses the importance of a 'family...
- 00:00 Topshop warehouse workers to walk out
- 00:00 Cancer rates at a new high, ONS reports
- 00:00 Express staff offered 2% pay increase
- 00:00 Comrades pay tribute to legend of the left Halpin
- 23:59 Clampdown on North Korean trade squeezes Chinese border towns
- 23:59 Manchester United winger Ashley Young wanted by Chinese Super...
- 23:59 Jamie Vardy has 'no regrets whatsoever' after turning down Arsenal...