Chef Chris pulls out of BBC contest
The head chef at Cottage in the Wood on Whinlatter was forced to pull out of a TV cooking contest due to ill health.
Chris Archer, 28, of Station Street, Cockermouth, competed in BBC Two's Great British Menu, which aired this week.
But last night's show saw him forced to leave the show.
Originally from Yorkshire, Chris competed in the show's North East regional section against Mini Patel and Tommy Banks.
Chris said: "It's a shame I had to pull out, but I felt at the time that unless I was 100 per cent I wouldn't be able to do it justice.
"It would have been nice to have cooked the... read more
- 07:09 Why did my refund for walking boots come unstuck?
- 07:09 Can I get a mortgage for more than the value of the property?
- 07:09 Eurozone braces for row with Greece over bailout exit terms
- 07:09 UK pension funds get green light to dump fossil fuel investments
- 07:09 Bob Mortimer: my doctor said I'd have a heart attack on stage
- 07:08 Man charged over robbery of woman, 85, in north Derbyshire
- 07:08 Standing up for rail service
- 07:08 Spread the green suburbs across the city
- 07:08 Graffiti at Square
- 07:08 Grave matters at Sheffield Cathedral
- 07:08 The yeast from the east: six wines to try from eastern Europe
- 07:08 Seven ways to improve your memory
- 07:08 How IVF became a licence to print money
- 07:06 How to change a light bulb
- 07:04 From 1966 to Lineker’s hat-trick: England’s best-ever World...
- 07:04 England’s worst-ever performances at the World Cup
- 07:03 Mexico partied so hard after victory over Germany they set off...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira deal close, Sky Sports man...
- 07:01 Man Utd transfer news: Real Madrid ace Toni Kroos 'opens door' on...
- 07:00 England World Cup quiz: How much do you know about the squad?
- 06:59 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash
- 06:59 Birmingham's silent killer - 900 a year die but nobody talks about it
- 06:59 The Birmingham children spending half a year living in B&Bs
- 06:59 Birmingham dad left paralysed 'minutes after being discharged' from...
- 06:53 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp has convinced starlet Rhian...
- 06:53 Leeds Council member for children joins Yorkshire-wide call for...
- 06:53 City hosts celebration of the vegan lifestyle
- 06:53 Watch classic movies under the stars in Leeds city centre
- 06:47 Counterfeiting story is the real deal, say prize judges
- 06:47 Glasgow’s ‘ring’ of rock art sheds light on prehistory