Chef Chris pulls out of BBC contest
The head chef at Cottage in the Wood on Whinlatter was forced to pull out of a TV cooking contest due to ill health.
Chris Archer, 28, of Station Street, Cockermouth, competed in BBC Two's Great British Menu, which aired this week.
But last night's show saw him forced to leave the show.
Originally from Yorkshire, Chris competed in the show's North East regional section against Mini Patel and Tommy Banks.
Chris said: "It's a shame I had to pull out, but I felt at the time that unless I was 100 per cent I wouldn't be able to do it justice.
"It would have been nice to have cooked the... read more
- 08:13 Star Tyler steals the show as youngest competitor in charity 10k race
- 08:13 NHS bill for swimming infections
- 08:13 Family 'suspicious' after colliding with 'crash for cash' car in Derby
- 08:11 German finance minister preparing for Greek aid without IMF - report
- 08:11 Calum Ferguson felt like the King of Coatbridge after securing...
- 08:11 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:10 Drug addict caught stealing meat from Tesco on Christmas Eve
- 08:10 Chelsea Transfer News: £10m Man Utd move, three Costa replacements,...
- 08:10 Tiger Woods return: Age should NOT be an excuse, claims Ernie Els
- 08:10 Updated: Emergency services stood down after bomb scare
- 08:10 Gmail hack: Even tech-savvy users fooled by sophisticated phishing...
- 08:09 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:09 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:09 ‘Paedophile hunter’ was a child abuser himself
- 08:09 Country & Coast: Innocent awakenings offer the first signs of spring
- 08:09 Anger at hotel shutdown
- 08:09 Juventus to offer Arsenal audacious Miralem Pjanic swap deal for...
- 08:08 World healthcare expert applauds 'pioneering' scheme in Millom
- 08:08 Century-old Lucy still loving life down on the farm in Barrow
- 08:08 Two separate bids made to run Dalton zoo
- 08:08 Barrow man ordered to reduce alcohol intake after drunkenly kicking...
- 08:08 Warnings made of pothole 'tipping point' as funding allocation for...
- 08:08 Friends of the X112 horrified after vital funds are sent back to...
- 08:08 Ulverston Post Office closure came "out of the blue" according to...
- 08:08 EXCLUSIVE: Barrow firefighters say 'There has never been a greater...
- 08:08 Thousands missing out on 'grandparents' credit'
- 08:07 A big thank you from National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas for...
- 08:07 New occupant for Edinburgh’s BioQuarter life sciences hub
- 08:06 Why aren’t we buying tampons anymore?
- 08:06 Hurrah for Gin! These gin drawings perfectly capture the struggles...