Ched Evans wants to speak to young footballers about alcohol and consent
The footballer Ched Evans, who was cleared of raping a woman after details of her sex life were put before a jury, has said there should be more education on alcohol and consent amid continuing criticism of the conduct of his retrial.
The former Wales international, who was convicted of rape in 2012 but had his conviction subsequently quashed, insisted he could not apologise to the 19-year-old complainant because he had committed no crime when he had sex with her while she was drunk.
But the 27-year-old footballer, who told police at the time of his arrest that his profession meant “we... read more
- 01:36 German firms doubt good business conditions will last - Ifo chief
- 01:36 Equities take a spill on Trump healthcare setback; bonds shine
- 01:34 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 01:27 Le Pen calls Macron the 'Jean-Claude Van Damme of politics' because...
- 01:19 Rafael Nadal recovers from poor start to secure Miami Open win over...
- 01:18 The storm chasers hunting bolts in Australia's Top End
- 01:13 The racist professor, the bones and a university naming row
- 01:11 Dustin Johnson’s Masters odds shortening following WGC Dell...
- 01:09 How gossip changed one Pakistani woman's life
- 01:09 How a jacket and a briefcase shaped a partition love story
- 01:09 Sydney academic stopped from leaving China
- 01:05 Just google it: How one company came to dominate search
- 01:05 The man who quit heroin and became a fruit juice millionaire
- 00:57 NHS bosses 'spent half of extra Autumn Statement cash on outside...
- 00:51 Top Scots attractions outperforming rest of UK
- 00:51 GPs dismissing womb illness as period pain: Thousands of women with...
- 00:51 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 00:49 Non-terminal patient fights right to die law
- 00:47 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 00:44 'Fake research' comes under scrutiny
- 00:44 Childhood obesity: Cut unhealthy food multi-buy offers - MPs
- 00:42 Message apps must not be 'secret place' for terrorists -...
- 00:42 Labour sets out six tests for support of Brexit deal
- 00:42 Theresa May vows to build a more united nation after Brexit
- 00:42 Terror fears cause plunge in visitor numbers at London attractions
- 00:39 44 Scotland Street: At the Carl Gustav Jung Centre
- 00:33 Vladimir Putin’s rival arrested MINUTES after arriving at huge...
- 00:32 New commission launched to cut youth crime
- 00:32 Golden eagle numbers set to soar after project funding boost
- 00:31 Lloyds of London chairman plays down Brexit challenges