Ched Evans: ‘People need educating on alcohol and consent’
The footballer Ched Evans, who was cleared of raping a woman after details of her sex life were put before a jury, has said there should be more education on alcohol and consent amid continuing criticism of the conduct of his retrial.
The former Wales international, who was convicted of rape in 2012 but had his conviction subsequently quashed, insisted he could not apologise to the 19-year-old complainant because he had committed no crime when he had sex with her while she was drunk.
But the 27-year-old footballer, who told police at the time of his arrest that his profession... read more
- 16:39 Caravaggio takes Commonwealth Cup gold at Royal Ascot with...
- 16:39 Los Angeles police shoot at pit bill but kill teenager
- 16:39 Walkers raise cash for cancer trust
- 16:38 Why have our cars suddenly been covered in dust?
- 16:38 5 hidden tourist gems on Orkney
- 16:37 'You'll be back' judge tells convicted burglar who slammed...
- 16:36 Cuts are piling extra pressure on my exhausted officers, says West...
- 16:36 Wheelchair basketball player Harry Brown hoping for victory in...
- 16:35 Update: Two further arrests made in connection to Dalton axe assault
- 16:35 Sellafield firefighters vote for industrial action
- 16:35 Ulverston town councillor steps down due to 'too much politics'
- 16:34 Pupils and staff mark 50th anniversary of Princethorpe College
- 16:33 London Pride Parade 2017: Route, start and finish time, bus route...
- 16:33 Facebook to tackle online extremism and hate speech in new initiative
- 16:33 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:33 Europe faces Herculean challenge to develop new fighter jet
- 16:33 ‘He was my life’ - widow tributes to the ‘Cleveleys Cowboy’
- 16:32 Rangers and Celtic supporters clash over new Ibrox kit deal and...
- 16:32 Has hot newcomer Tyla turned Kem's attention away from Amber?
- 16:32 Sicily's cornered Mafia primed for reversal of fortune
- 16:32 Dean Gaffney gets road ban for refusing to say who drove his...
- 16:31 'I saw the fear in my mum's eyes': Daughter joins campaign for...
- 16:31 TrumpWatch: It’s all over for Ossoff
- 16:31 Cumbrian volunteers sought for migraine device trial
- 16:31 Plan for 22 homes in West Cumbrian village set to get go-ahead
- 16:31 Asda swimming costume showing Disney's Little Mermaid topless is...
- 16:30 Police appeal to find registered sex offender wanted in connection...
- 16:29 The Tube is getting a fabulous Pride make over to support...
- 16:28 Appeal for witnesses after unprovoked assault in Leamington
- 16:27 Trump casts doubt on special counsel Mueller's impartiality