Ched Evans found not guilty of rape after retrial
Footballer Ched Evans has successfully overturned his conviction for raping a teenage girl.
The former Wales striker striker lost his first appeal four years ago his family employed private investigators to gather new evidence.
Birmingham-based Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) called for a retrial of the case earlier this year with the player returning to football at Chesterfield.
Today the jury returned a not guilty verdict after new evidence of the girl's previous sexual history had been detailed in court.
They spoke to two men who had sex with the 19-year-old woman in the months... read more
- 13:36 Mansfield woman found drunk in car after uncovering boyfriend’s lie
- 13:35 Lancaster businessman wins two Pride in the Job awards
- 13:35 Lidl to take part in Black Friday for the first time
- 13:36 Plea to “better off” Sheffield pensioners to donate fuel payments
- 13:35 Burrito bar’s Alice in Wonderland and Escape Rooms fun
- 13:36 CCTV clip: Men jailed for Chapeltown Road attack outside Leeds...
- 13:35 APPEAL: Man hit with crutch in Morecambe robbery
- 13:35 Lancaster sleep out to help homeless
- 13:35 More Children in Need photos
- 13:30 Preston cannot keep pace with Cheshire set
- 13:30 Hoppers hoping to ‘escape’ to victory
- 13:35 Diabetes diet cure REVEALED: Snacking could REDUCE severity of...
- 13:30 Preston North End 0-0 Bolton - Five things we learned
- 13:30 Brig’s late show is not enough
- 13:30 Chorley denied right at the death
- 13:30 Semi-final exit for Laura in Hong Kong
- 13:30 Lancashire Post PNE fans’ panel verdicts
- 13:30 Gally’s glad be back in action for PNE
- 13:30 Sean Gregan’s exclusive PNE column
- 13:30 Centre-forward role will be Mavididi’s long-term future says PNE boss
- 13:30 Gossip: Van man on the move?
- 13:35 Mansfield woman found drunk in car after uncovering boyfriend’s lie
- 13:30 LIVE: Preston North End news - Monday's updates from Deepdale
- 13:29 UCLAN GRADUATES 2017: School of Forensic and Applied Sciences
- 13:29 ‘Good’ rating for Morecambe beaches
- 13:29 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:29 Lancaster businessman wins two Pride in the Job awards
- 13:29 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:34 Under-fire Walsall boss insists: 'I am going to keep doing the job...
- 13:29 Work set to start on £17.5m Penwortham Bypass