Ched Evans cleared of rape after five year battle
Former Man City striker Ched Evans successfully overturned his conviction for raping a teenage girl after uncovering new evidence of her previous sexual history.
After the Wales international lost his first appeal four years ago his family employed private investigators to gather new evidence.
They spoke to two men who had sex with the 19-year-old woman in the months before she alleged she had been raped by the footballer in May 2011.
They both gave accounts of the woman’s sexual preferences that were similar to the description put forward by Evans at his original trial and supported his... read more
- 00:16 Three cups of coffee a day linked to lower risk of cancer and...
- 00:16 Egypt attack: President Sisi pledges forceful response
- 00:16 Scathing report on HMP Northumberland highlights drugs and violence
- 00:16 Police investigate spate of fires in Amble
- 00:14 Mel Gibson appeared on Graham Norton to promote his new film, and...
- 00:11 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Seven couples perform DOUBLE dances in...
- 00:11 I'm a Celebrity 2017: Georgia Toffolo favourite to be crowned Queen...
- 00:07 Have astronomers solved the mystery of the 'engine' on Enceladus?...
- 00:02 West Ham lead the way as Premier League launch Rainbow Laces...
- 00:02 Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes brings speculation over Rangers move...
- 00:02 Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson sees Christian Benteke as vital for...
- 00:01 McIness fed up with Rangers speculation
- 00:01 Rodgers prepared for a physical cup final
- 00:01 Welsh Rugby says No to violence against women
- 00:01 Saudis play with fire in Lebanon
- 00:01 Skulduggery over Brexit
- 00:01 Vatican threat to sue altar boys who allege abuse
- 00:01 Georgia Toffolo allowed to wear banned make-up on I’m A Celebrity...
- 00:01 More than 200 Sufi Muslims killed in Egypt gun and bomb attack
- 00:01 Trump 'told Erdogan he'll stop arming the Kurds'
- 00:01 Staffing crisis ‘continues unabated’
- 00:01 Apprentices cheated of £3.50 an hour
- 00:01 Uber looks to appeal rights ruling in Supreme Court
- 00:00 Marking the lives of the women killed by men this year
- 00:00 Why the Chancellor must introduce a Robin Hood tax
- 00:00 A Christmas cracker
- 00:00 Sublime Stockhausen at the Barbican
- 00:00 Graphic vision of a red revolutionary future
- 00:00 Robbing the poor to pay the rich
- 00:00 Women’s concerns should not be minimised