Cheap and natural ways to spider-proof your home this winter
0 Have your say As the cold weather draws in, so do spiders looking for a cosy spot to hang their hat- it’s an inevitable fact of life.
So we’ve put together a handy guide for all you arachnophobes on how to keep these eight-legged pests at bay.
It is definitely not a myth that spiders are grossed out by vinegar. Simply mix half vinegar, half water in a spray bottle and spritz around entry ways such as windows, doors and any cracks in the walls.
2) Peppermint oil
Or any essential oil really, like lavender or tea tree oil. BONUS: Not only will your home be arachnid-free, but it... read more
- 15:20 SMALL CAP MOVERS: ServicePower soars after takeover; CloudTag also...
- 15:20 Food and drink will get more expensive and choice diminish unless...
- 15:18 Teachers warn against schooling overhaul
- 15:18 Exercising in pollution bad for the heart
- 15:18 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this December in the Castle...
- 15:17 Nine things NOT to do at your work Christmas party
- 15:17 PICTURES: ‘Eyesore’ rubble piles appear off Derby Road
- 15:16 Dereck Chisora insists Dillian Whyte 'is the donkey and I am going...
- 15:16 Doncaster Business Awards 2016: Meet the winners
- 15:15 Church service for bereaved parents
- 15:15 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...
- 15:14 Shares in Britain's Capita fall further as investors shun strategy
- 15:13 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:13 Pig farmer found guilty of animal cruelty - pictures
- 15:12 Monte dei Paschi shares plunge on ECB reports
- 15:12 Streets near city school to be made 20mph zone
- 15:12 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:11 Plans finally in motion to transform derelict Sheffield Ski Village...
- 15:11 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:11 Nostalgia: More details unearthed about last rural postie
- 15:11 Revealed: brand new plans for 500 homes on old DRI site
- 15:11 Burton pub is handing out a free pints to celebrate its 1,000th...
- 15:09 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this week in the Castle Grounds
- 15:09 Civil liberties of indigenous people illegally suppressed at...
- 15:09 Nostalgia: More details unearthed about last rural postie
- 15:08 Man United close in on £30m deal for Arsenal and Chelsea target -...
- 15:08 Save Our Services - support the News & Star campaign
- 15:08 Church of Scotland moves out of historic Cumbrian home to join up...
- 15:07 Chance to have say on dog rule plans
- 15:07 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...